Topic Menu► ▼ Topic Menu
2. Institute for Research and Inovation in Health (i3S), University of Porto, 4099-002 Porto, Portugal
Infectious diseases are a critical and increasing global threat, with a high rate of morbidity, mortality, and healthcare costs. By 2050, 10 million people will die per year as a result of infections, since resistance to drugs is continuously increasing.
Understanding the development and evolution of infections is crucial for the treatment and to explore novel therapeutic responses. In addition, searching for new molecules with antimicrobial activity in surfaces (e.g., hospitals) is also a key factor.
This topic is intended to cover all subjects related to infectious diseases (bacteria, fungi, virus, parasites), pathophysiology, host–pathogen and immune response, new compounds with antimicrobial activity, and innovative approaches to cut multi- and pan-drug resistance events. Finally, methods and models to study infectious diseases will also be an important matter.
Original basic and translational findings are welcome. In addition, case reports and review manuscripts are also opportune.
We welcome submissions that cover, but are not limited to, the following topics:
- Pathogenesis and virulence of bacteria, fungi, parasites and virus;
- Advances in the pathophysiology of infectious diseases;
- Chronic and acute infections;
- Nosocomial infections;
- Novel experimental models to study infectious diseases;
- Microbiota/microbiome and its relationship with the development and evolution of infectious diseases;
- Host–pathogen relation;
- Immune response related to infections;
- Therapeutic response to common and novel drugs;
- Methods to evaluate the progress of infections;
- Methods to evaluate the response to drugs;
- Bioengineering novel drugs;
- Antimicrobial coatings for surfaces.
Dr. Célia F. Rodrigues
Prof. Dr. Natália Cruz-Martins
- chronic infections
- acute infections
- nosocomial infections
- host–pathogen relation
- immune response
|Journal Name||Impact Factor||CiteScore||Launched Year||First Decision (median)||APC|
|4.757||3.0||2013||17.4 Days||2200 CHF|
|5.818||6.6||2009||15.6 Days||2600 CHF|
Journal of Fungijof
|5.724||4.1||2015||16.2 Days||2200 CHF|
|4.926||4.1||2013||14.1 Days||2200 CHF|
Journal of Clinical Medicinejcm
|4.964||4.4||2012||18 Days||2600 CHF|
Preprints is a platform dedicated to making early versions of research outputs permanently available and citable. MDPI journals allow posting on preprint servers such as Preprints.org prior to publication. For more details about reprints, please visit https://www.preprints.org.