- Open Access— free for readers, with article processing charges (APC) paid by authors or their institutions.
- High Visibility: indexed within Scopus, SCIE (Web of Science), PubMed, MEDLINE, PMC, Embase, AGRICOLA, and many other databases.
- Journal Rank: JCR - Q2 (Virology) / CiteScore - Q2 (Infectious Diseases)
- Rapid Publication: manuscripts are peer-reviewed and a first decision provided to authors approximately 15.5 days after submission; acceptance to publication is undertaken in 3.3 days (median values for papers published in this journal in the first half of 2021).
- Recognition of Reviewers: reviewers who provide timely, thorough peer-review reports receive vouchers entitling them to a discount on the APC of their next publication in any MDPI journal, in appreciation of the work done.
- Companion journals for Viruses include: COVID and Zoonoses.
Deadline: 31 December 2021
Deadline: 31 March 2022
Deadline: 30 April 2022
Deadline: 30 September 2021
Deadline: 15 October 2021
Deadline: 31 October 2021
Deadline: 20 November 2021