- Open Access— free for readers, with article processing charges (APC) paid by authors or their institutions.
- High Visibility: indexed within Scopus, SCIE (Web of Science), PubMed, MEDLINE, PMC, Reaxys, Embase, CaPlus / SciFinder, and many other databases.
- Journal Rank: JCR - Q2 (Chemistry, Multidisciplinary) / CiteScore - Q2 (Chemistry, miscellaneous)
- Rapid Publication: manuscripts are peer-reviewed and a first decision provided to authors approximately 14.6 days after submission; acceptance to publication is undertaken in 2.9 days (median values for papers published in this journal in the second half of 2021).
- Recognition of Reviewers: reviewers who provide timely, thorough peer-review reports receive vouchers entitling them to a discount on the APC of their next publication in any MDPI journal, in appreciation of the work done.
- Testimonials: See what our authors say about Molecules.
- Sections: published in Twenty-six topical sections.
- Companion journals for Molecules include: Foundations and Photochem.
Prof. Dr. Jianzhang Zhao Appointed Associate Section Editor-in-Chief of “Photochemistry” Section in Molecules
721 MDPI Editorial Board Members Receiving "2021 Highly Cited Researchers" Distinction
Topical Advisory Panel Established to Support Editorial Board
Deadline: 31 March 2022
Deadline: 27 September 2022
Deadline: 1 February 2022
Deadline: 15 February 2022
Deadline: 28 February 2022
Deadline: 20 March 2022