Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
A section of Plants (ISSN 2223-7747).
The Phytochemistry Section of the journal Plants is devoted to the publication of papers concerning all aspects of pure and applied plant chemistry, biochemistry, structure and bioactivities of phytochemicals, plant cellular and molecular biology, and plant biotechnology. The Section aims to increase our knowledge on the analysis, biosynthesis, regulation, detection, extraction, separation, purification and application of phytochemical compounds in whole plants (including algae), plant cells, tissues and organs, and plant products.
In the section Phytochemistry, original articles, accelerated communications, and short review articles describing recent advances in specific areas of phytochemistry will be published. The Editorial Board will review all manuscripts submitted for publication in this section. However, articles that seem to be outside the scope of the subject matter listed here may be referred to another section of Plants.
In particular (but not exclusively), this Section invites contributions that report on:
Plant primary and secondary metabolites
Protein biochemistry and proteomics
Phytoalexins and phytotoxins
Quality assessment of botanical products
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Antimicrobial Compounds in Plants (Deadline: 15 December 2019)
- Mechanisms of Plant Antioxidants Action (Deadline: 31 January 2020)
- Plant-Derived Chemicals: A Source of Inspiration for New Drugs (Deadline: 1 February 2020)
- Selenium Metabolism and Accumulation in Plants (Deadline: 15 February 2020)
- Plant Flavonoids and Their Derivatives (Deadline: 31 March 2020)
- Coumarins in Plants: Molecular Diversity, Biosynthesis, Evolution, Transport, Regulation and Bioactivity (Deadline: 15 April 2020)
- Medicinal Plants (Deadline: 30 April 2020)
- Applications of Plant-Borne Essential Oils from Lamiaceae, Asteraceae and Apiaceae (Deadline: 30 April 2020)
- Bioactive Compounds in Plants (Deadline: 30 April 2020)
- Resveratrol in Plants (Deadline: 30 June 2020)
- Biosynthesis and Functions of Terpenoids in Plants (Deadline: 30 June 2020)