- Open Access— free for readers, with article processing charges (APC) paid by authors or their institutions.
- High Visibility: indexed within Scopus, SCIE (Web of Science), Inspec, CAPlus / SciFinder, and many other databases.
- Journal Rank: JCR - Q2 (Engineering, Multidisciplinary) / CiteScore - Q2 (General Engineering)
- Rapid Publication: manuscripts are peer-reviewed and a first decision provided to authors approximately 17.7 days after submission; acceptance to publication is undertaken in 3.5 days (median values for papers published in this journal in the second half of 2021).
- Recognition of Reviewers: reviewers who provide timely, thorough peer-review reports receive vouchers entitling them to a discount on the APC of their next publication in any MDPI journal, in appreciation of the work done.
- Companion journals for Applied Sciences include: Applied Nano, Osteology, Nutraceuticals, AppliedChem and Applied Biosciences.
Applied Sciences Collaborative Webinar | Recent Advances in Research on Air Pollution and Health, 28 January 2022
721 MDPI Editorial Board Members Receiving "2021 Highly Cited Researchers" Distinction
Topical Advisory Panel Established to Support Editorial Board
Deadline: 31 March 2022
Deadline: 30 April 2022
Deadline: 31 May 2022
Deadline: 30 June 2022
Deadline: 28 January 2022
Deadline: 10 February 2022
Deadline: 20 February 2022
Deadline: 10 March 2022