A section of Molecules (ISSN 1420-3049).
The Organic Chemistry Section of the journal Molecules publishes original research and review articles in all areas of organic chemistry involving synthesis focusing on the advancement of the science of synthetic chemistry. In general, this Section invites contributions that report on:
- The synthesis, design of novel (organic) compounds in a broad sense, including small molecules, biologically-relevant molecules, natural products (including isolation or identification studies), sensors, and supramolecular units.
- The methods development—new reactions or improvement of known reactions.
- Catalysis, including development of (organometallic) catalysts.
- Applications of photochemical reactions in synthesis.
- Theoretical, computational, mechanistic studies targeting improvement of synthetic methodology, new models of reactivity, selectivity.
Total or multistep syntheses should report new or improved strategies or methods, or a more efficient route to the target compound. Manuscripts that report routine syntheses will normally not be considered for publication in this Section. Syntheses accompanied by limited biological testing can be included, but it is recommended that the authors consider Medicinal Chemistry Section, especially if the strength of the work lies in the latter.
Molecules is seeking to publish results with detailed and reliable experimental procedures as well as properties of all important new products. It is expected that all new compounds will be well characterized, including but not limited to 1H- and 13C-NMR, EA or HRMS. Submission of spectral data in the form of supporting materials is encouraged. Please consult Instruction for Authors for details.
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Tetrapyrrolic Macrocycles: Synthesis, Functionalization and Applications 2018 (Deadline: 31 January 2019)
- Enzyme-Catalyzed Reactions II (Deadline: 31 January 2019)
- Advances in Organic Electrosynthesis (Deadline: 30 March 2019)
- Multicomponent Reactions (Deadline: 31 March 2019)
- Flow Chemistry in Organic Synthesis (Deadline: 15 April 2019)
- Microwave-mediated Chemistry (Deadline: 30 April 2019)
- Deep Eutectic Solvents in Organic Synthesis (Deadline: 30 April 2019)
- Chemoenzymatic Synthesis and Application (Deadline: 30 May 2019)
- Current Advances in Phosphate Bioisosters and Mimics (Deadline: 31 May 2019)
- Porphyrins and Its Derivatives: Design, Synthesis and Applications (Deadline: 31 May 2019)
- Combining synthesis and biosynthesis to access complex molecules (Deadline: 31 May 2019)
- Application of Organic Synthesis to Bioactive Compounds (Deadline: 30 June 2019)
- Biomolecular Self-Assemblies (Deadline: 30 June 2019)
- Non-Natural Multi-Heteroatom Heterocycles: New Chemical Space (Deadline: 1 July 2019)
- New Insights in Photoredox Catalysis (Deadline: 30 July 2019)
- Spatial Organization of Multi-Porphyrins for Pre-Defined Properties (Deadline: 31 July 2019)
- Synthesis and Characterization of Heterocyclic Compounds (Deadline: 31 July 2019)
- Advances in Materials Derived from Polyhedral Boron Clusters (Deadline: 31 July 2019)
- Organic Light Emitting Diodes II (Deadline: 31 July 2019)
- Modern Strategies for Heterocycle Synthesis (Deadline: 30 August 2019)
- Elemental Sulfur (Deadline: 31 August 2019)
- Recent Development of Mechanochemical Synthesis (Deadline: 31 August 2019)
- Copper-Catalyzed Synthesis (Deadline: 1 September 2019)
- Organic Azides 2019 (Deadline: 1 September 2019)
- Indole Derivatives: Synthesis and Application (Deadline: 15 September 2019)
- Design and Synthesis of Organic Molecules as Antineoplastic Agents (Deadline: 30 September 2019)
- Recent Synthetic Aspects on the Chemistry of Nitro, Nitroso and Amino Compounds II (Deadline: 30 September 2019)
- Recent Advances in Metal-Catalyzed Domino Reactions (Deadline: 29 November 2019)
- Total Synthesis of Biologically Active Product (Deadline: 30 November 2019)
- Development of Asymmetric Synthesis (Deadline: 30 November 2019)
- Advances in One-pot Reaction (Deadline: 31 January 2020)
- Advances in Radical Chemistry (Deadline: 15 June 2020)
Following topical collections within this section are currently open for submissions: