Special Issue "Advanced Intelligent Imaging Technology"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 May 2019
A general pipeline of visual information processing includes: i) image sensing and acquisition, ii) pre-processing, iii) feature detection or metric estimation, and iv) high-level decision. State-of-the-art artificial intelligence technology caused a quantum leap in performance improvements to each step of visual information processing.
Artificial intelligence-based image signal processing (ISP) technology can drastically enhance the acquired digital images through demosaicing, denoising, deblurring, super resolution, and the wide dynamic range using deep neural networks. Feature detection and image analyses are the most popular application areas of artificial intelligence. An intelligent imaging system can solve various problems that are unsolvable without using the intelligence or learning.
An objective of this Special Issue is to highlight innovative developments of intelligent imaging technology related with various state-of-the-art image acquisition, pre-processing, feature detection, and image analysis using machine learning and artificial intelligence. In addition, any applications that combine two or more intelligent imaging methods are another important research area. Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Computational photography for intelligent imaging
- Visual inspection using machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Depth estimation and three-dimensional analysis
- Image processing and computer vision algorithms for advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS)
- Wide-area, intelligent surveillance systems using multiple camera network
- Advanced image signal processor (ISP) based on artificial intelligence
- Deep neural networks for inverse imaging problems
- Multiple camera collaboration based on reinforcement learning
- Fusion of hybrid sensors for intelligent imaging systems
Prof. Joonki Paik
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Applied Sciences is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1500 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- deep neural network (DNN)
- artificial neural network (ANN)
- intelligent surveillance systems
- computational photography
- computational imaging
- image signal processor (ISP)
- camera network
- visual inspection...