- Open Access— free for readers, with article processing charges (APC) paid by authors or their institutions.
- High Visibility: indexed within Scopus, SCIE (Web of Science), PubMed, PMC, PubAg, CAPlus / SciFinder, AGRIS, and other databases.
- Journal Rank: JCR - Q2 (Microbiology)
- Rapid Publication: manuscripts are peer-reviewed and a first decision is provided to authors approximately 14.1 days after submission; acceptance to publication is undertaken in 2.9 days (median values for papers published in this journal in the second half of 2022).
- Recognition of Reviewers: reviewers who provide timely, thorough peer-review reports receive vouchers entitling them to a discount on the APC of their next publication in any MDPI journal, in appreciation of the work done.
- Testimonials: See what our editors and authors say about the Microorganisms.
- Companion journal: Applied Microbiology.
Special Issue Mentor Program
Recruiting Guest Editors for Microorganisms
Deadline: 30 March 2023
Deadline: 31 May 2023
Deadline: 30 June 2023
Deadline: 3 August 2023
Deadline: 31 January 2023
Deadline: 15 February 2023
Deadline: 1 March 2023
Deadline: 15 March 2023