Special Issue "Colorectal Cancers"
A special issue of Cancers (ISSN 2072-6694).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (30 April 2019).
Interests: colorectal cancer; integrins and cell-extracellular matrix interactions; oncogenes; transcription; biomarkers
Colorectal cancer is one of the most common cancers worldwide, and it is predicted that the number of cases will continue to rise over the next 20 years. Despite the recent progress in screening techniques and the improvements in treatments, bowel cancer remains a significant cause of cancer mortality. A better comprehension of the cellular and molecular bases underlying colorectal neoplasm initiation and progression, from adenoma to metastasis, is crucial to establishing non-invasive, efficient detection tests for the identification of lesions at early stages, as well as for refining the current therapeutic approaches and developing new ones useful in advanced stages of the disease.
In this Special Issue, we aim to cover all aspects of colorectal cancer research. To this end, we welcome articles on basic, preclinical, and clinical research on colorectal cancer.
Prof. Dr. Jean-Francois Beaulieu
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Cancers is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2200 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- advances in early detection of colorectal lesions
- biomarkers for assessing colorectal cancer
- colorectal cancer stem cells
- colorectal carcinogenesis and metastasis
- colorectal tumor microenvironment
- drug delivery to colorectal cancer cells
- epigenetics of colorectal cancer
- genetics and genomics of colorectal cancer
- imaging of colorectal lesions
- inflammatory bowel diseases and colorectal carcinogenesis
- microbiome and colorectal cancer
- molecular targeted therapies for colorectal cancer
- mouse models of colorectal cancer
- precision medicine for colorectal cancer
- signaling pathways in colorectal cancer cells
- subtyping/molecular profiling of colorectal lesions
- therapeutic approaches to colorectal cancer