Special Issue "Neuroactive Compounds"
A special issue of Pharmaceuticals (ISSN 1424-8247).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (31 December 2010).
Research in Neuroscience has never been so active, taking benefits from recent developments in functional imaging, molecular biology and transgenesis, or improvements in animals’ cognitive behavioral analyses. Paradoxically, validation of new therapeutic strategies and marketing of really innovative medicine against pathologies with major social issues like Alzheimer’s disease and related neurodegenerative disorders, ischemic insults, depression, or schizophrenia mark time and do not find way out in a near future. Drug development pipelines of pharmaceutical companies remain alarmingly empty.
This combined Special Issue of Molecules and Pharmaceuticals, on Neuroactive Compounds, will offer an unique forum to present the chemistry, pharmacology and therapeutic opportunities offered by new and innovative molecular series in all areas of neuropharmacology and neuroscience. I strongly encourage authors to submit papers for this special issue, within the scope of Molecules and Pharmaceuticals, and I hope that the fields covered will allow to rise our hopes in seeing soon the validation of breakthrough treatments in central pathologies of major concern.
Dr. Tangui Maurice
- psychoactive drugs
- neuroprotective agents
- anti-stress drugs
- brain imaging tools
- brain penetration
- blood-brain barrier agents
- CNS-Drugs and Therapy in Pharmaceuticals (4 articles)
- NMDA Receptor Antagonists for Treatment of CNS Disorders in Pharmaceuticals (5 articles)
- Therapeutics Agents for Neural Repair in Pharmaceuticals (7 articles)
- Therapeutic Agents for Neurological Disorders in Pharmaceuticals (11 articles)
- Molecular and Cellular Targets of Old and New Atypical Antipsychotics in Pharmaceuticals (5 articles)
- Neuroactive Compounds in Molecules (6 articles)
- Antihypertensive Drugs in Pharmaceuticals (17 articles)
- Phytochemicals with actions on the Central Nervous System in Pharmaceuticals (4 articles)