Special Issue "Therapeutics Agents for Neural Repair"
A special issue of Pharmaceuticals (ISSN 1424-8247).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (30 April 2020).
Interests: spinal cord injury; neurotrauma; neurotherapeutics; cell therapy; molecular therapy; neural tissue engineering; neuroimmunology
An insult on the Central Nervous System (CNS) usually leads to permanent and irreversible pathological conditions. Events, such as stroke, trauma or neurodegenerative diseases, have a strong impact on the physiological, psychological and social behavior of patients. For these reasons, it is urgent to develop therapeutic strategies that can specifically target these problems. Typically, the pathophysiology of these conditions entail several molecular and cellular events and, given its multifaceted nature, many conceptually different paths are under investigation to promote neural repair. This Special Issue is dedicated to “Therapeutics Agents for Neural Repair” and it is mainly focused on the use of pharmaceutical agents, administrated alone or in combination with other therapeutic approaches.
I sincerely hope that you will be able to contribute a research manuscript or review article dealing with your research in this area of investigation. The proposed topics include, but are not limited to:
- Pathologies of the CNS (Parkinson, Alzheimer, Huntington, multiple sclerosis, depression, autism, Machado-Joseph, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, stroke, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury).
- Therapeutic Approaches (molecular therapy, cell therapy, gene therapy, deep brain/epidural stimulation, tissue engineering).
- Personalized medicine
- Biomarkers of disease
- In vitro/ex vivo studies
- In vivo preclinical studies
- Clinical studies
I look forward to your participation.
Dr. Nuno A. Silva
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Pharmaceuticals is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1800 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Neural Repair
- Neurodegenerative Disease
- Therapeutic Agents
- Therapeutic Agents for Neurological Disorders in Pharmaceuticals (16 articles)
- Molecular and Cellular Targets of Old and New Atypical Antipsychotics in Pharmaceuticals (7 articles)
- Antihypertensive Drugs in Pharmaceuticals (17 articles)
- Phytochemicals with actions on the Central Nervous System in Pharmaceuticals (4 articles)
- Neuroactive Compounds in Pharmaceuticals (2 articles)
- CNS-Drugs and Therapy in Pharmaceuticals (4 articles)
- NMDA Receptor Antagonists for Treatment of CNS Disorders in Pharmaceuticals (5 articles)