Special Issue "Phytochemicals with actions on the Central Nervous System"
A special issue of Pharmaceuticals (ISSN 1424-8247).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (15 December 2009).
Interests: behavioural neuroscience; psychopharmacology; neurochemical correlates of behaviour; mechanisms of appetite regulation; brain cannabinoid function in relation to appetite and body weight regulation
The proposed special edition will focus on the positive effects of plants and plant extracts that possess action on the central nervous system (CNS). The effect of plant extracts as appetite regulators, adaptogens, stimulants, hallucinogens, analgesics, anxiolytics, antidepressants and neuroprotectors will be examined. The issue will include anatomical and functional interactions and it is going to focus in both behavioural as well as cellular mechanisms. The edition will start with a brief comment on the field and review of the main areas of research in which these interactions are under current investigation. Where possible clinical as well as basic experimental science will be included. These chapter headings and content are designed to appeal to the largest possible audience within this field (academic, industrial and clinical), but also to prevent overlap and repetition
Sonia Tucci, Ph. D.
- Neuroactive Compounds in Pharmaceuticals (2 articles)
- CNS-Drugs and Therapy in Pharmaceuticals (4 articles)
- NMDA Receptor Antagonists for Treatment of CNS Disorders in Pharmaceuticals (5 articles)
- Therapeutics Agents for Neural Repair in Pharmaceuticals (7 articles)
- Therapeutic Agents for Neurological Disorders in Pharmaceuticals (11 articles)
- Molecular and Cellular Targets of Old and New Atypical Antipsychotics in Pharmaceuticals (5 articles)
- Antihypertensive Drugs in Pharmaceuticals (17 articles)