Special Issue "Polysaccharide-Based Nanosorbent Materials: Fundamental Science and Beyond"
A special issue of Nanomaterials (ISSN 2079-4991).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (15 May 2016).
Interests: polymers; host–guest chemistry; hydration effects; adsorption phenomena; molecular recognition
Special Issues and Collections in MDPI journals
Special Issue in Molecules: Environmental Applications of Polymers
Special Issue in Molecules: Innovative Adsorbents for Pollutant Removal: An Overview of Current Research
There is ongoing interest in the scientific and technological development of polysaccharide adsorbent materials (e.g., linear/branched/cyclic amylose, cellulose, chitosan, chitin, etc.) with improved physicochemical properties to address a range of fundamental and applied scientific problems.
This Special Issue of Nanomaterials will examine various topics related to the structure and functional properties of polysaccharide nanomaterials. The topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Synthesis, fabrication, and structural characterization of polysaccharide nanostructures
- Characterization of the physicochemical properties of polysaccharide nanostructures
- Kinetic and thermodynamic sorption-based phenomena of heterogeneous systems
- Hydrogel and soft-matter nanostructured polysaccharide materials, molecular aggregates, etc.
- Applications of polysaccharide-based adsorbent materials in catalysis, chemical separations, energy storage, environmental remediation, controlled-release, etc.
- Future prospects and applications of polysaccharide sorbent materials
Dr. Lee D. Wilson
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Nanomaterials is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2200 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- nanosorbent materials
- physicochemical properties
- structure and functional properties
- sorption phenomena