Special Issue "Advances in Light-Emitting Structures and Materials"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 October 2020.
Interests: semiconductor/optoelectronic (nano-)devices; nanophotonics; materials/device physical models
Interests: nanophotonics; optoelectronic devices; semiconductor nanowires; optics modeling
We invite you to contribute your original research to the Special Issue “Advances in Light-Emitting Structures and Materials” of the journal Materials. The issue summarizes recent progress in experimental and theoretical research on emission of light, including device design and fabrication, material processing, as well as the physics, modeling, characterization, tuning, and optimization of the emission properties of relevant materials and structures.
Topics include but are not limited to:
- Emission of light from inorganic and organic semiconductors, (nano-)structures and 2D materials;
- Photoluminescence, electroluminescence, and optical cooling;
- Plasmonics, gratings, photonic crystals and nanophotonics;
- Light-emitting diodes (LEDs), lasers, novel emitter devices and on-chip optical communication;
- Optical modeling techniques based on classical Maxwell’s equations or quantum optics;
- Study of emission enhancement and directionality;
- Electrical modeling, including drift–diffusion modeling, Monte Carlo simulations, and first-principle approaches;
- Emerging/novel simulation methods based, e.g., on machine learning.
Dr. Toufik Sadi
Dr. Nicklas Anttu
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Materials is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Light-emitting materials and devices
- Light emission characterization
- Electrical and optical transport modeling
- LEDs and lasers
- Plasmonics, gratings, photonic crystals, and nanophotonics
- Optical cooling
- Optoelectronics, optical engineering, and photonics