A section of Materials (ISSN 1996-1944).
Porous materials featuring high surface areas, narrow pore size distribution and tuneable pore diameters have attracted a great deal of attention due to their relevant properties and applications in various areas including adsorption, separation, sensing and catalysis. With the development of a wide range of these materials with varying morphologies (e.g., hexagonal, cubic, rod-like), structures (e.g., silicates, carbons, metal oxides) and functionalities, this field is currently one of the most advanced in materials science.
This section “Porous Materials” publishes original contributions detailing the synthesis, design, characterisation and applications in different areas of porous materials. Fields covered include all types of porous materials in the broad sense (microporous, mesoporous and macroporous including silicates, metal oxides, zeolites, metal–organic frameworks (MOFs), etc.) and both fully experimental and theoretical aspects of Materials Science related to porous materials.
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- The Fabrication of Compact and Porous Semiconductor Metal Oxide Layers (Deadline: 30 September 2019)
- Microstructure-Mechanical Properties Relationship for Porous Materials (Deadline: 30 September 2019)
- Metal Organic Frameworks: From Materials Design to Emerging Applications (Deadline: 31 October 2019)
- Functional Porous Materials for Gas Storage and Separations in Emerging Energy Technologies (Deadline: 15 November 2019)
- Next Generation High Temperature Dielectrics for Energy Applications (Deadline: 30 November 2019)
- New Horizons in Materials Engineering: The Application of Mesoporous Silica-based Materials (Deadline: 31 December 2019)
- Porous Materials for Advanced Microfluidic Applications (Deadline: 31 December 2019)
- Functional Amorphous Materials (Deadline: 31 December 2019)
- Novel Pathways to Process and Harness Porous Materials (Deadline: 31 December 2019)
- Advances in Microporous and Mesoporous Materials (Deadline: 31 January 2020)
- Porous Materials and Nanozeolites (Deadline: 1 March 2020)
- Mesoporous Silica and Their Applications (Deadline: 31 March 2020)
- Recent Advances in Mesoporous Materials (Deadline: 30 April 2020)