Special Issue "Lipophilic Additives, Contaminants and Veterinary Drug Residues in Foods"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 25 November 2023 | Viewed by 45
Lipids are a fundamental constituent of food and can be found in all food ingredients and processed foods without artificial skimming. They also carry fat-soluble toxins from additives used in food processing, pesticides used in farming, and harmful compounds in the environment and packaging materials. These substances enter the food chain with lipids and are likely to be ingested. Improper processing can also lead to the oxidation, decomposition, and polymerization of lipids and their lipid-soluble concomitants, which can greatly affect the final quality and safety of the food product. The Joint FAO/WHO Expert Committee on Food Additives (JECFA) was established in 1956 by the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization and the World Health Organization to focus on the assessment of food safety risks associated with additives, contaminants, toxins, and veterinary drug residues. Experts in the field are welcomed and invited to contribute research papers or reviews related to fat-soluble substances in food and their risks. Related topics include but are not limited to the following:
- Residues of fat-soluble pesticides and natural hazards in plant oils and nuts
- Pesticide residues and persistent organic pollutants in edible vegetable oils
- Veterinary drug and hormone residues in land animal fats such as butter, lard, lamb fat, chicken fat, and duck fat
- Persistent organic pollutants in marine bio-oils
- Antioxidants and crystal inhibitors in cooking oils
- Trans fatty acids, oxidized triglycerides, glycidyl esters, and 3-monochloropropane-l,2-diol esters in infant formula, margarine, shortening, and frying oil
- Fat-soluble additives in fatty foods, beverages, and flavoured sauces
- Dietary exposure and safety assessment of fat-soluble hazards
Prof. Dr. Shimin Wu
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Foods is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2900 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- lipophilic food additives
- persistent organic pollutants
- oils and fats
- oilseeds, pesticides
- veterinary drug residues