Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
Special Issue "Advanced Solutions for Monitoring, Protection and Control of Modern Power Transmission System"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 30 April 2020.
Undoubtedly, renewable energy sources (RES) have changed traditional transmission grids and represent a significant electricity resource in modern transmission grids. The positive effects of RES on environmental preservation are indisputable, but their long-term intermittent and unpredictable performance, along with their low inertia, necessitate new requirements for power transmission system control in order to maintain the stability of the power system, creating challenges for system operators in terms of monitoring, protection, and control of advanced networks.
The traditional principle of the regulation of a power system relies on redundant production from classical generation units (thermal power plants, hydro power plants, and gas power plants) that, in case of disturbances in the system—especially in the case of renewable energy source outage—maintain the stability of the power system.
Therefore, it is necessary to develop innovative solutions (both in terms of hardware and software) to provide to system operators in order to maintain system integrity and preserve system resilience. The aim of this Special Issue is to present advanced and innovative technical solutions, which will emphasize the monitoring, protection, and control of the modern transmission system.
More specifically, topics of interest for this Special Issue include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Power system monitoring, protection, and control;
- Industry experience in deploying smart grid technologies for power transmission;
- Synchronized measurements and applications;
- Regulation of mixed generation;
- Ancillary services of distributed generation;
- Information and communication technologies for smart grids, interoperability, and cyber-security;
- Transmission system dynamic modeling;
- Interoperability between the transmission system operator and distribution system operator;
- Hybrid SCADA/EMS applications;
- System integration of distributed energy resources, islanding, and hosting capacity;
- Transmission system technologies, HVDC, FACTS, SVC, and energy storage;
- Planning and management of transmission grid assets;
- Power electronics and control and protection systems for transmission grid applications;
- Transmission grid monitoring and advanced metering infrastructures;
- Diagnostics, maintenance, risks, reliability, vulnerability, and self-healing of transmission grids;
- Demand-side management;
- Transmission grid planning, forecasting, and operation;
- Regulations, standards, and codes for modern transmission grids;
- Machine learning;
- Big data analysis;
- Smart transmission grid impacts on electricity markets;
- Business models for transmission grids.
Prof. Dr. Srđan Skok
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Energies is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1800 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Smart power transmission system
- Monitoring, protection and control
- Distributed generation
- Synchronized measurements
- Power system stability
- Transmission system resilience
- Transmission system integrity