Energies (ISSN 1996-1073) is an open access journal and publishes papers on scientific research, technology development, engineering policy and management studies related to the general field of energy, from technologies of energy supply, conversion, dispatch and final use to the physical and chemical processes behind such technologies. Acceptable submissions are reviews, regular research papers, and communications. Our aim is to encourage scientists to publish their experimental, numerical and theoretical results in as much detail as possible. There is no restriction on the length of the papers. Full experimental details must be provided in order for the results to be reproduced. For numerical simulations, an accurate description of methods and mesh sensitivity are mandatory.
Papers in the following fields will be accepted:
- Electrical engineering
- Electrical power systems;
- Power electronics;
- High voltage;
- Smart grids and microgrids;
- Electric vehicles.
- Energy and environment, sustainable energy
- Distributed energy systems;
- Carbon emission and utilization;
- Clean energy;
- The hydrogen energy chain;
- Energy and climate change;
- Sustainability analysis metrics: theory and applications.
- Energy storage and applications
- Advanced energy materials;
- Batteries, fuel cells, and capacitors;
- Micro- and nanoenergy conversion systems.
- Energy sources
- Solar, thermal and PV;
- Other (OTEC, wave, tidal, etc.).
- Energy fundamentals and conversion
- Heat and mass transfer;
- Entropy analysis;
- Exergy analysis.
- Energy and buildings
- Smart cities and urban management;
- Phase change materials for energy storage.
- Diagnostics and prognostics of energy conversion chains
- Artificial intelligence in energy systems design and control;
- Monitoring and control systems.
- Chemical energy
- Energy and combustion science;
- Petroleum engineering;
- New working fluids for energy applications.
- Energy economics and policy
- Energy use in industry
MDPI Publication Ethics Statement
Energies is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). MDPI takes the responsibility to enforce a rigorous peer-review together with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure to add high quality scientific works to the field of scholarly publication. Unfortunately, cases of plagiarism, data falsification, inappropriate authorship credit, and the like, do arise. MDPI takes such publishing ethics issues very seriously and our editors are trained to proceed in such cases with a zero tolerance policy. To verify the originality of content submitted to our journals, we use iThenticate to check submissions against previous publications. MDPI works with Publons to provide reviewers with credit for their work.
Authors and publishers are encouraged to send review copies of their recent related books to the following address. Received books will be listed as Books Received within the journal's News & Announcements section.
Copyright / Open Access
Articles published in Energies will be Open-Access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY). The copyright is retained by the author(s). MDPI will insert the following note at the end of the published text:
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free in the News & Announcements section of the journal. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is . For further MDPI contacts, see here.
Announcement and Advertisement
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free in the News & Announcements section of the journal. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is .
For further MDPI contacts, see here.