Special Issue "Modeling of Flow and Transport in Saturated and Unsaturated Porous Media"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 December 2020.
Interests: modeling flow and transport in saturated/unsaturated porous media; density driven flow; numerical methods; parameter estimation by inverse modeling
Interests: Flow and transport modeling in porous media; parameter estimation by inverse modeling; laboratory experiments, real field simulations
Interests: Contaminant transport and heat transfer in porous media; density driven flow; natural convection; multispecies reactive transport; numerical models and codes development; semi-analytical solutions; benchmarks
This Special Issue focuses on recent advances and future developments in the modeling of flow, mass and heat transfer in porous media. This includes, but is not limited to: saturated/unsaturated flow, multiphase flow, multicomponent reactive transport, heat transfer and coupled hydraulic, thermal, mechanical, chemical and biological processes.
All modeling steps (mathematical models, data assimilations, numerical methods, simulation, parallel computing, post-processing, validation, benchmarking, calibration, comparison against laboratory experiments, sensitivity and uncertainty analysis, field applications) are included.
A non-exhaustive list of possible contributions includes:
- Extension of mathematical models for improving model realism
- Modeling and simulation studies for new physical insights
- Development and evaluation of models, new algorithms and numerical techniques
- Stochastic and probabilistic modeling
- Analytical and semi-analytical solutions, benchmarking issues
- Inverse problems and characterization of soil and aquifer properties
- Uncertainty and sensitivity analysis
- Lab experimental studies and comparison against numerical simulations
- Field applications of models, upscaling and calibration.
Dr. Anis Younes
Dr. Philippe Ackerer
Dr. Marwan Fahs
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Water is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1800 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Saturated, unsaturated and fractured porous media
- Flow, mass and heat transfer
- Coupled physical, chemical and biological transport
- Multi-scale, multi-physics, nonlinear processes
- New numerical methods and algorithms
- Inverse modeling and parameter estimation
- Sensitivity and uncertainty analysis
- Laboratory and field investigations
The below list represents only planned manuscripts. Some of these manuscripts have not been received by the Editorial Office yet. Papers submitted to MDPI journals are subject to peer-review.