Water (ISSN 2073-4441) is an international and cross-disciplinary scholarly journal covering all aspects of water including water science and technology, and the hydrology, ecology and management of water resources. It publishes regular research papers, critical reviews and short communications, and there is no restriction on the length of the papers.
Our aim is to encourage scientists to publish their experimental and theoretical research in as much detail as possible. Full experimental and/or methodical details must be provided for research articles. Computed data or files regarding the full details of the experimental procedure, if unable to be published in a normal way, can be deposited as supplementary material.
These may include but are not limited to the following:
Water Resources Management
- water resources systems
- climate change impacts on hydrology and water resources
- monitoring, remediation and protection of water resources
- planning and management of water resources and water provision
- watershed hydrology
- erosion and sediment transport
- history of water resources
Water Policies and Planning
- development and realization of national and international policies on water
- water economics
- water efficiency including water footprint and virtual water calculations
- changing patterns of water consumption and use
Sustainability and Water
- sustainable use of water resources
- unsustainable patterns of water consumption and use
- water demand and consumption
- water recycling and reuse
- water quality
- contaminant sources, sorption, diffusion, transformation, volatilization and transport
- physics, chemistry and biology of water
- electro-analytical and environmental chemistry
- pharmaceuticals in the aquatic environment
Water and Health
Water and Wastewater Treatment
- domestic and industrial wastewater
- potable water
- development of analytical methods for emerging contaminants’
- integrated constructed wetlands
- treatment wetlands
- ecosystem restoration
- best management practice
- storm water management
- runoff control
- extreme hydrological events
- sustainable flood retention basins
- permeable pavement systems
- water and groundwater interactions
- soil and aquifer properties
- groundwater flow and well hydraulics
- hydro-geochemistry and contaminant hydrogeology
- ecology of water resources
- degradation of aquatic ecosystems
- aquatic ecosystems maintenance and preservation
- aquatic and marine ecology
- aquaculture and environmental impacts
- invasive species
- benthic ecology
MDPI Publication Ethics Statement
Water is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). MDPI takes the responsibility to enforce a rigorous peer-review together with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure to add high quality scientific works to the field of scholarly publication. Unfortunately, cases of plagiarism, data falsification, inappropriate authorship credit, and the like, do arise. MDPI takes such publishing ethics issues very seriously and our editors are trained to proceed in such cases with a zero tolerance policy. To verify the originality of content submitted to our journals, we use CrossCheck (powered by iThenticate) to check submissions against previous publications.
Authors and publishers are encouraged to send review copies of their recent related books to the following address. Received books will be listed as Books Received within the journal's News & Announcements section.
Copyright / Open Access
Articles published in Water will be Open-Access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License. MDPI will insert following note at the end of the published text:
Reprints may be ordered. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to order reprints. Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is email@example.com. For further MDPI contacts, see here.
Announcement and Advertisement
MDPI Haidian Office, Aerospace Cooperation Building, 8th Floor, No.99 Zhongguancun East Road, Beijing 100190, China
Reprints may be ordered. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to order reprints.
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is email@example.com.
For further MDPI contacts, see here.