Special Issue "Nutrition and Bone Health"
A special issue of Nutrients (ISSN 2072-6643).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (15 January 2015).
Bone is an active tissue that adapts to mechanical and physiological demands to maintain its structure and mineral homoeostasis. Bone remodeling is tightly regulated by hormones and other endocrine mediators that can be affected by nutrient deficiencies, food components, and a number of endogenous and environmental factors.
This Special Issue compiles original research and scientific perspectives providing information on:
- Factors related to impaired bone health (worldwide perspective)
- Impact of diet on bone metabolism disorders
- Role of dietary macronutrients on bone homeostasis;
- Role of dietary minerals on bone homeostasis;
- Vitamin D deficiency and obesity
- Recent findings on vitamin K and bone metabolism
- Vitamins B and bone health
- Role of bioactive food components on bone cells
- Acid-base equilibrium and bone remodeling
- Nutrigenetic and nutrigenomic aspects of bone health
- Interactions between nutrition, physical activity, and lifestyle and their impact on bone health
Dr. Laura Toxqui
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Nutrients is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- bone metabolism
- dietary factors
- bioactive components