Special Issue "Selected papers from the 1st International Food Bioactives and Health Conference 2016"
A special issue of Nutrients (ISSN 2072-6643).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (28 February 2017).
Interests: human nutrition; nutritional biochemistry; fatty acids; in vitro digestion; bioavailability; nutrigenomics; bioactive compounds
Special Issues and Collections in MDPI journals
Special Issue in Nutrients: Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids Intake and Human Health
Special Issue in Nutrients: FoodOmics 2020
This Special Issue contains a selection of papers presented at the 1st International Food Bioactives and Health Conference 2016 in Norwich, UK in September 2016. The Special Issue will highlight the following topics:
- Latest evidence of the beneficial effects of food bioactives in humans (Cardiometabolic health, brain health/cognitive function, cancer prevention and interception, gut health, etc.)
- Bioavailability and metabolism of food bioactives (Mechanisms of absorption and metabolism; Role of the gut flora; Quantification and profiling of bioactive metabolites)
- Inter-individual variation in response to food bioactives (Genetic, epigenetic and environmental factors affecting the absorption, metabolism and efficacy of food bioactives)
- Mechanisms of action (Latest research into underlying mechanisms, connecting bioactives with absorption/metabolism through to mechanisms both in and beyond the gut; Use of omics technologies and Identification of novel biomarkers; Novel models for mechanistic studies)
- Functional foods and health claims (Determining effective and safe doses, formulation and delivery, combination products; Health claim regulations, effects of regulations on industry innovation and consumers)
- Bioactive intakes and exposure, novel sources (New and improved methods of analysis for bioactives in foods; Novel sources of bioactives; Databases; New and improved methods for quantifying intakes/exposure including metabolomics approaches and modelling)
Dr. Maria Traka
Prof. Alessandra Bordoni
Dr. Paul Kroon
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Nutrients is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2400 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.