Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
Special Issue "Omega-3 Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids and Cardiovascular Health"
A special issue of Nutrients (ISSN 2072-6643).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (15 July 2017).
In the first part of the present supplement, we intent to elucidate the role of Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (Omega-3 PUFAs) in systemic low grade and vascular inflammation and their impact on adhesion molecules, cytokines, oxidative stress, ROS production, as well as on the thrombosis-fibrinolysis system. We will also present and discuss the effects of Omega-3 PUFAs on endothelial and vascular function, as indicated by endothelial dependent and independent dilatation, by pulse wave velocity, carotid intima media thickness and by aortic distensibility.
In the second part of the proposed supplement, we focus on the therapeutic potential of Omega-3 PUFAs in patients with hypertension, stable angina pectoris, heart failure, acute coronary syndromes atrial fibrillation and hyperlipidemia.
Potential topics may include:
1) The physiology of Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids
2) Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids and cardiovascular prognosis
3) The role of Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids on vascular inflammation
4) Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids and oxidative stress
5) The role of Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids on thrombosis fibrinolysis system
6) The role of Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids on endothelial function
7) The role of Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids on vascular function
8) Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids in the treatment of atrial arterial hypertension
9) Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids in the treatment of stable angina pectoris
10) Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids in the treatment of heart failure
11) Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids in the treatment of Acute Coronary syndromes
12) Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids in the treatment of metabolic syndrome and hyperlipidemia
13) Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids in the treatment of atrial fibrillation
Prof. Dimitris Tousoulis
Dr. Evangelos Oikonomou
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Nutrients is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.