About Marine Drugs
Marine Drugs (ISSN 1660-3397) publishes peer-reviewed research papers, short notes, and reviews reporting on the discovery, development, exploitation, and production of biologically and therapeutically active compounds from marine habitats. Our aim is to encourage scientists to publish their research in as much detail as possible; therefore, there is no restriction on the length of the manuscript.
Subject areas include:
- Identification of bioactive compounds from marine microorganisms, invertebrates, fishes, and plants (e.g. algae, seagrasses, mangroves)
- Pharmacological characterization of marine compounds or their derivatives
- Marine natural products with activity against human, animal and plant diseases
- Marine natural products with insecticidal or herbicidal activities
- Synthesis, mutasynthesis and medicinal chemistry of marine natural products
- Marine proteomics, glycomics, and lipidomics related to drug discovery or bioactivity
- Marine drug development, including pharmaceutical formulation and clinical trials
- Marine chemical ecology research inspiring marine drug discovery
- Innovative sampling and isolation techniques targeting bioactive marine natural products
- Marine biotechnology and molecular biology studies related to drug discovery or production
- Structural and biological characterization of marine toxins
- Biomaterials of marine origin
- Marine-derived ingredients for cosmeceuticals, nutraceuticals, marine-derived functional foods and nutritional supplements
MDPI Publication Ethics Statement
Marine Drugs is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). MDPI takes the responsibility to enforce a rigorous peer-review together with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure to add high quality scientific works to the field of scholarly publication. Unfortunately, cases of plagiarism, data falsification, inappropriate authorship credit, and the like, do arise. MDPI takes such publishing ethics issues very seriously and our editors are trained to proceed in such cases with a zero tolerance policy. To verify the originality of content submitted to our journals, we use iThenticate to check submissions against previous publications. MDPI works with Publons to provide reviewers with credit for their work.
Authors and publishers are encouraged to send review copies of their recent related books to the following address. Received books will be listed as Books Received within the journal's News & Announcements section.
Copyright / Open Access
Articles published in Marine Drugs will be Open-Access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY). The copyright is retained by the author(s). MDPI will insert the following note at the end of the published text:
Announcement and Advertisement
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. For further information, please contact the editorial office.
For further MDPI contacts, see here.