The application deadline for the Gastroenterology Insights 2023 Best PhD Thesis Award is extended. Entries will be accepted until 31 January 2024. We are looking forward to applications from all over the world.
The journal Gastroenterology Insights is inviting applications for the Gastroenterology Insights 2023 Best PhD Thesis Award. This prize will be awarded to a PhD student or recently qualified PhD who has produced a highly anticipated thesis with great academic potential. The applications will be assessed by an evaluation committee led by the Section Editor-in-Chief, Prof. Dr. David A. Gerber.
Eligibility and Requirements:
– The candidate must be a PhD student or recently qualified PhD who has produced a highly anticipated thesis with great academic potential;
– The PhD thesis must be their original work;
– The PhD thesis must be defended between 1 October 2021 and 30 June 2023.
Required Application Documents:
– An executive summary of the PhD thesis in English of around 3000 words;
– A letter from the PhD supervisor recommending the candidate for consideration for this award;
– The candidate’s CV, including a list of publications connected with the thesis;
– An electronic copy of the PhD thesis;
– A scanned copy of the PhD diploma (or certificate of studying at a school or research institute as a PhD student going to graduate or participate in graduation thesis defenses).
– Quality of resume and publications;
– Relevance of the candidate and research description;
– Novelty of the candidate’s PhD thesis;
– Strength of the recommendation letter;
– Anticipated academic potential;
– Originality and impact of the research.
– Bonus (CHF 500);
– An electronic certificate;
– Offer to publish one paper free of charge in Gastroenterology Insights after peer review before the end of 2024.
The application deadline is 31 January 2024. The winner will be announced on the Gastroenterology Insights website by the end of March 2024.
Gastroenterology Insights Editorial Office