Cells (ISSN 2073-4409) is an international, peer-reviewed open access journal which provides an advanced forum for studies related to cell biology, molecular biology and biophysics. It publishes reviews, research articles, communications and technical notes. Our aim is to encourage scientists to publish their experimental and theoretical results in as much detail as possible. There is no restriction on the length of the papers. Full experimental and/or methodical details must be provided. There are, in addition, unique features of this journal:
- manuscripts regarding research proposals and research ideas will be particularly welcomed
- electronic files or software regarding the full details of the calculation and experimental procedure - if unable to be published in a normal way - can be deposited as supplementary material
- we also accept manuscripts communicating to a broader audience with regard to research projects financed with public funds
Cells covers every topic related to cell biology and physiology, molecular biology, and biophysics. Thus, our major focus is on experimental cytology rather than on clinical and epidemiological studies.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- OMICS: Transcriptomics, Genomics, Proteomics, Metabolomics, Glycomics, Lipidomics, Interactomics, Fluxomics, Biomics
- Cell Structure: organelles, cytoskeleton, cell membrane, capsule, flagella, etc.
- Cell Physiology: cell growth, metabolism, protein synthesis, division, movement of proteins, active/passive transport, intra- and extracellular signaling, adhesion, DNA repair, etc.
- Cell Movement and Motility
- Cell Aging
- Cell Techniques: cell and tissue culture, isolation and fractionation of cells, immunocytochemistry (ICC), in situ hybridization (ISH), transfection, optogenetics
- Cell Growth and Differentiation
- Hematopoiesis and Stem Cells
- Cancer Stem Cells
- Genetic Disorders
- CAR-T Cell Research
MDPI Publication Ethics Statement
Cells is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). MDPI takes the responsibility to enforce a rigorous peer-review together with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure to add high quality scientific works to the field of scholarly publication. Unfortunately, cases of plagiarism, data falsification, inappropriate authorship credit, and the like, do arise. MDPI takes such publishing ethics issues very seriously and our editors are trained to proceed in such cases with a zero tolerance policy. To verify the originality of content submitted to our journals, we use iThenticate to check submissions against previous publications. MDPI works with Publons to provide reviewers with credit for their work.
Authors and publishers are encouraged to send review copies of their recent related books to the following address. Received books will be listed as Books Received within the journal's News & Announcements section.
Copyright / Open Access
Articles published in Cells will be Open-Access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY). The copyright is retained by the author(s). MDPI will insert the following note at the end of the published text:
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. For further information, please contact the editorial office. For further MDPI contacts, see here.
Announcement and Advertisement
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. For further information, please contact the editorial office.
For further MDPI contacts, see here.