- Open Access— free for readers, with article processing charges (APC) paid by authors or their institutions.
- High Visibility: indexed within Scopus, SCIE (Web of Science), PubMed, MEDLINE, PMC, CAPlus / SciFinder, and other databases.
- Journal Rank: JCR - Q2 (Cell Biology) / CiteScore - Q1 (General Biochemistry, Genetics and Molecular Biology)
- Rapid Publication: manuscripts are peer-reviewed and a first decision provided to authors approximately 15.7 days after submission; acceptance to publication is undertaken in 2.7 days (median values for papers published in this journal in the first half of 2022).
- Recognition of Reviewers: reviewers who provide timely, thorough peer-review reports receive vouchers entitling them to a discount on the APC of their next publication in any MDPI journal, in appreciation of the work done.
- Sections: published in 20 topical sections.
- Companion journal: Organoids.
Peer Review Week 2022 – Research Integrity: Creating and Supporting Trust in Research
Cells | Editor’s Choice Articles in 2020–2021
Meet Us at the 2022 CAGPO ACMOO 19th Annual Conference, 15–18 September 2022, Toronto, Canada
Deadline: 15 December 2022
Deadline: 31 December 2022
Deadline: 25 January 2023
Deadline: 31 January 2023
Deadline: 5 October 2022
Deadline: 14 October 2022
Deadline: 31 October 2022
Deadline: 15 November 2022