Agronomy (ISSN 2073-4395) is an international and cross-disciplinary scholarly journal on agronomy and agroecology. It publishes reviews, regular research papers, communications and short notes, and there is no restriction on the length of the papers. Our aim is to encourage scientists to publish their experimental and theoretical research in as much detail as possible. Full experimental and/or methodical details must be provided for research articles. There are, in addition, unique features of this journal:
- manuscripts regarding research proposals and research ideas will be particularly welcomed
- computed data or files regarding the full details of the experimental procedure, if unable to be published in a normal way, can be deposited as supplementary material
- we also accept manuscripts communicating to a broader audience with regard to research projects financed with public funds
- Crop breeding and genetics
- Chemistry, biology, and genetics applied to agronomy
- Biotechnology for farming and the use of plants, plant breeding
- Farming and cropping systems
- Precision agriculture
- Crop-livestock interactions
- Crop and soil interactions
- Soil heath and plant nutrition for sustainable agriculture
- Agronomy of urban and peri-uban areas
- Organic farming
- Weed science and weed management systems
- Industrial and bioenergy crops
- Horticultural and floricultural crops
- Agroecosystems and the environment
- Sustainable development of agronomy
- Sustainability, biodiversity and ecosystem services of bioenergy cropping systems
- Crop physiology
- Water management/Irrigation in agronomy
- Agricultural meteorology (climate change)
- Grassland and pasture improvement and agronomy
- Food systems
MDPI Publication Ethics Statement
Agronomy is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). MDPI takes the responsibility to enforce a rigorous peer-review together with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure to add high quality scientific works to the field of scholarly publication. Unfortunately, cases of plagiarism, data falsification, inappropriate authorship credit, and the like, do arise. MDPI takes such publishing ethics issues very seriously and our editors are trained to proceed in such cases with a zero tolerance policy. To verify the originality of content submitted to our journals, we use iThenticate to check submissions against previous publications. MDPI works with Publons to provide reviewers with credit for their work.
Authors and publishers are encouraged to send review copies of their recent related books to the following address. Received books will be listed as Books Received within the journal's News & Announcements section.
Copyright / Open Access
Articles published in Agronomy will be Open-Access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY). The copyright is retained by the author(s). MDPI will insert the following note at the end of the published text:
Announcement and Advertisement
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. For further information, please contact the editorial office.
For further MDPI contacts, see here.