The journal Veterinary Sciences is inviting applications for the 2022 Best Ph.D. Thesis Award. This prize will be awarded to a Ph.D. student or doctor who has produced a highly anticipated academic potential thesis. The applications will be assessed by an evaluation committee, which will be led by the Editor-in-Chief Prof. Dr. Patrick Butaye.
(a) The candidate must be a Ph.D. student or a doctor who has produced a highly anticipated academic potential thesis.
(b) The Ph.D. thesis must be their original work.
(c) The Ph.D. thesis must be defended from 1 September 2021 to 31 August 2022.
(d) Applicants are required to submit the following documents:
- An executive summary, around 3000 words, of the Ph.D. thesis in English;
- A letter from the Ph.D. supervisor recommending the candidate for consideration for this award;
- The candidate’s CV, including a list of publications associated with the thesis;
- An electronic copy of the PhD thesis;
- A scanned copy of the PhD diploma (or certificate of studying at a school or research institute as a Ph.D. student who is going to graduate or participate in graduation thesis defenses).
- Quality of resume and publications;
- Relevance of the candidate and research description;
- Novelty of the candidate’s Ph.D. thesis;
- Strength of the recommendation letter;
- Anticipated academic potential;
- Originality and impact of the research.
– Bonus (CHF 800);
– Offer to publish a featured paper in Veterinary Sciences before 30 June 2023, with the article processing charge (APC) waived.
The application deadline is 31 August 2022. The winner will be announced on the Veterinary Sciences website by the end of October 2022.
Veterinary Sciences Editorial Office