Special Issue "Efficiency and Sustainability of the Distributed Renewable Hybrid Power Systems based on the Energy Internet, Blockchain Technology and Smart Contracts-2021"
A special issue of Sustainability (ISSN 2071-1050).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (31 May 2022) | Viewed by 9602
Interests: electrical engineering; power electronics; power converters; inverters; renewable energy; energy efficiency; energy storage; fuel cell; hybrid power systems; control; optimization; MATLAB simulation
Special Issues, Collections and Topics in MDPI journals
Special Issue in Sustainability: Efficiency and Sustainability of the Distributed Renewable Hybrid Power Systems Based on the Energy Internet, Blockchain Technology and Smart Contracts
Special Issue in Mathematics: Advanced Modeling and Research in Hybrid Microgrid Control and Optimization
Special Issue in Journal of Low Power Electronics and Applications: Advanced Researches in Wireless Communication and Wireless Power Transfer
Special Issue in Applied Sciences: Energy Management and Diagnostics of Grid-Connected Electric and Hybrid Vehicles
Special Issue in Electronics: Microgrids Integrating Renewable Energy Sources, Fuel Cells and Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicles
Special Issue in Energies: Fuel Cell Renewable Hybrid Power Systems 2021
Special Issue in Mathematics: Advanced Modeling, Control, and Optimization Methods in Power Hybrid Systems - 2021
Special Issue in Journal of Low Power Electronics and Applications: Advanced Researches in Embedded Systems
Topical Collection in Energies: Featured Papers in Electrical Power and Energy System
Special Issue in Energies: Selected Papers from Interdisciplinary Conference on Mechanics, Computers and Electrics (ICMECE2021)
Interests: energy management systems; supercapacitors; DC–DC power convertors; diesel–electric generators; distributed power generation; dynamic power response; electric vehicles; hybrid electric vehicles; hybrid power systems; lithium batteries; photovoltaic power systems; power control; power generation control; power grids; renewable energy sources; resonant power convertors; wind turbines; supercapacitors ageing characterization; battery management systems; battery-powered vehicles
Special Issues, Collections and Topics in MDPI journals
Special Issue in Energies: Multi-Source Systems Energy Management
Interests: smart grid communication networks; ocean wave energy control; second generation current conveyors; terahertz metamaterial absorbers; optimization techniques; artificial intelligence
The extremely rapid increase in world energy demand over the last decade along with the requests for sustainable development can be approached through micro- and nanogrids that use hybrid power systems based on the Energy Internet, blockchain technology, and smart contracts. In this way, renewable energy sources, fuel cell systems, and other energy generating sources will be optimally combined and connected to the grid system using advanced energy transaction methods.
Thus, to highlight the latest solutions, this Special Issue, entitled “Efficiency and Sustainability of Distributed Renewable Hybrid Power Systems Based on Energy Internet, Blockchain Technology, and Smart Contracts”, was proposed for the international journal Sustainability, an SCIE journal (2019 IF = 2.576). The present Special Issue of Sustainability aims to collect innovative solutions and experimental research, but also state-of-the-art studies, on the following topics:
- Microgrids, nanogrids, smart grids, smart cities, and smart associations of farms, buildings, parking, and homes;
- Smart grid cybersecurity using the Energy Internet, blockchain, and smart contract-based applications;
- Operations of smart associations integrated with distributed generation;
- Smart grid architecture and energy management models;
- Smart grid wide area monitoring systems: optimized planning, reliable and resilient operation;
- Fuel cell (FC) systems: modeling, control, optimization, and innovative technologies to improve the fuel economy, lifetime, reliability, and safety in operation;
- Hybrid power systems (HPSs) based on renewable energy sources (RESs) (RES HPS): optimized RES HPSs architectures; global maximum power point tracking (GMPPT) control algorithms to improve energy harvesting from RESs; advanced energy management strategies (EMSs) to optimally ensure the power flow balance in DC (and/or AC bus) for standalone RES HPSs or grid-connected RES HPSs (micro- and nanogrids, etc.);
- RES HPS with FC system as backup energy source (FC RES HPS): innovative solutions to mitigate the RES power variability and load dynamics to energy storage systems (ESSs) by control of the generated FC power; DC voltage regulation and/or load pulses mitigation by active control of the power converters from hybrid ESS;
- FC vehicles (FCVs): FCV powertrain, ESS topologies and hybridization technologies, and EMSs to improve the fuel economy;
- Optimal sizing of FC RES HPSs and FCVs;
- Networked control system and its related applications;
- Business opportunities, open issues, and future trends.
Received submissions are subject to a rigorous but fast peer review procedure, and publication in open access ensures wide dissemination of the research presented in this Special Issue.
We are writing to invite you to submit your original papers to this Special Issue and look forward to reading about the remarkable results of your research. If you are able to send a title and abstract of the potential paper soon (if possible), then we can include it in the list of planned papers when we make an announcement shortly.
Prof. Dr. Nicu Bizon
Prof. Dr. Mamadou Baïlo Camara
Dr. Bhargav Appasani
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Sustainability is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- hybrid power systems (HPSs)
- renewable energy sources (RESs)
- fuel cell (FC) systems
- energy management strategies (EMSs)
- Energy Internet
- blockchain technology
- solar coin
- smart contracts
- hybrid energy storage systems (HESSs)
- fuel cell vehicles (FCVs)
- global maximum power point tracking (GMPPT)
- FC RES micro- and nanogrids
- smart grid cybersecurity
- system and process design of FC RES HPS
- networked control systems
- fuel economy, lifetime, reliability, and safety in operation of FC RES HPS