Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
Special Issue "Efficiency and Sustainability of the Distributed Renewable Hybrid Power Systems Based on the Energy Internet, Blockchain Technology and Smart Contracts"
A special issue of Sustainability (ISSN 2071-1050). This special issue belongs to the section "Energy Sustainability".
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (31 May 2021) | Viewed by 39373
A printed edition of this Special Issue is available here.
Special Issue Editor
Interests: electrical engineering; power electronics; power converters; inverters; renewable energy; energy efficiency; energy storage; fuel cell; hybrid power systems; control; optimization; MATLAB simulation
Special Issues, Collections and Topics in MDPI journals
Special Issue in Mathematics: Advanced Modeling and Research in Hybrid Microgrid Control and Optimization
Special Issue in Journal of Low Power Electronics and Applications: Advanced Researches in Wireless Communication and Wireless Power Transfer
Special Issue in Applied Sciences: Energy Management and Diagnostics of Grid-Connected Electric and Hybrid Vehicles
Special Issue in Electronics: Microgrids Integrating Renewable Energy Sources, Fuel Cells and Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicles
Special Issue in Energies: Fuel Cell Renewable Hybrid Power Systems 2021
Special Issue in Mathematics: Advanced Modeling, Control, and Optimization Methods in Power Hybrid Systems - 2021
Special Issue in Journal of Low Power Electronics and Applications: Advanced Researches in Embedded Systems
Topical Collection in Energies: Featured Papers in Electrical Power and Energy System
Special Issue in Sustainability: Efficiency and Sustainability of the Distributed Renewable Hybrid Power Systems Based on the Energy Internet, Blockchain Technology and Smart Contracts-Volume II
Special Issue in Energies: The Future Energy Market Based on Advanced Computing and Communication Technologies for Smart Grids
Special Issue in Energies: Artificial Intelligence of Things for Efficient Energy Generation and Management
Special Issue Information
The rapid increase in world energy demand over the last decade and the requests for sustainable development can be approached through micro- and nanogrids using hybrid power systems based on the energy internet, blockchain technology, and smart contracts. In this way, renewable energy sources and fuel cell systems and other energy generating sources will be optimally combined and connected to the grid system using advanced energy transaction methods.
Thus, to highlight the latest solutions, this Special Issue entitled “Efficiency and Sustainability of Distributed Renewable Hybrid Power Systems Based on Energy Internet, Blockchain Technology and Smart Contracts”, was proposed for the international journal Sustainability, which is an SCIE journal (2018 IF = 2.592). The present Special Issue of Sustainability aims to present innovative solutions and experimental research as well as state-of-the-art studies in the following topics:
- Microgrids, nanogrids, smart grids, smart cities, and smart associations of farms, buildings, parking, and homes;
- Smart grid cyber security using the energy internet, blockchain, and smart contract-based applications;
- Operations of smart associations integrated with distributed generation;
- Smart grid architecture and energy management models;
- Fuel cell (FC) systems: modeling, control, optimization, and innovative technologies to improve the fuel economy, lifetime, reliability, and safety in operation;
- Hybrid power systems (HPSs) based on renewable energy sources (RESs) (RES HPS): optimized RES HPSs architectures; global maximum power point tracking (GMPPT) control algorithms to improve the energy harvesting from RESs; advanced energy management strategies (EMSs) to optimally ensure the power flow balance on DC (and/or AC bus) for standalone RES HPSs or grid-connected RES HPSs (micro-, nanogrids, etc.);
- RES HPS with FC system as a backup energy source (FC RES HPS): innovative solutions to mitigate the RES power variability and load dynamics of energy storage systems (ESSs) by control of the generated FC power; DC voltage regulation and/or load pulse mitigation by active control of the power converters from hybrid ESS;
- FC vehicles (FCVs): FCV powertrain, ESSs topologies, and hybridization technologies and EMSs to improve the fuel economy;
- Optimal sizing of FC RES HPSs and FCVs;
- Business opportunities, open issues, and future trends.
Papers received are subject to a rigorous but rapid peer review procedure, ensuring wide dissemination of the research results accepted for this Special Issue.
I am writing to invite you to submit your original work to this Special Issue. I am looking forward to reading about your outstanding research.
Prof. Dr. Nicu Bizon
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Sustainability is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2200 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- hybrid power systems (HPSs)
- renewable energy sources (RESs)
- fuel cell (FC) systems
- energy management strategies (EMSs)
- energy internet
- blockchain technology
- solar coin
- smart contracts
- hybrid energy storage systems (HESSs)
- fuel cell vehicles (FCVs)
- global maximum power point tracking (GMPPT)
- FC RES micro- and nanogrids
- smart grid cyber security
- system and process design of FC RES HPS
- fuel economy, lifetime, reliability, and safety in operation of FC RES HPS