Special Issue "Sensors Signal Processing and Visual Computing"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (31 December 2018)
Signal processing and visual computing research plays an important role in industrial and scientific applications. With the rapid advance of sensor technology, a vast and ever-growing amount of data (i.e., Big Data) in various domains and modalities is readily available, for example, videos captured by a camera network. The emergence of Big Data has brought about a paradigm shift to many fields of data analytics such as signal and image processing and computer vision, namely from handcrafted feature extraction to high level feature learning through deep learning techniques. Therefore, the primary goal of this Special Issue of Sensors is to provide the opportunity for researchers and product developers to discuss the state-of-the-art and trends of architectures, techniques and systems for signal processing and visual understanding.
Topics of Interest:
This Special Issue aims to solicit contributions reporting the most recent progress in signal processing and visual computing. The list of possible topics includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Speech analysis
- Radar signal processing
- Remote sensing image processing
- Biomedical signal/image analysis
- High dimensional signal processing
- Real-time signal/image processing algorithms and architectures (e.g., FPGA, DSP, GPU)
- Wearable sensor signal processing and its applications
- Sensor data fusion and integration
- Image and video processing (e.g., denoising, deblurring, super-resolution, etc.)
- Image and video understanding (e.g., novel feature extraction, classification, semantic segmentation, object detection and recognition, action recognition, tracking, etc.)
- Machine learning (e.g., deep learning) in signal processing and visual computing
- Big data processing infrastructures and systems, such as cloud computing, high performance computing, Web computing
Dr. Chen Chen
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Sensors is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1800 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.