Nutrition and Metabolism
A section of Metabolites (ISSN 2218-1989).
‘Nutrition and Metabolism’ covers original research papers and reviews on all aspects of nutrition research, with a particular focus on the metabolic processing of nutrition, drugs and environmental substances that are orally consumed, and their effect on the cellular signaling pathway, transcriptional and epigenetic signatures at the cell, tissue and organismal levels. The section also covers various diets’ effects on physiological responses, such as food intake, energy expenditure, neurological and immune responses, and disease development. Finally, technological innovation, optimization, and improvement for studying nutrient metabolism in in vitro and in vivo model systems are also covered.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Identification and quantification of metabolites generated from nutrients by cells, tissues, and gut microbiota.
- Effects of acute and chronic nutrient intake on bodily metabolism, and consequent changes in metabolite levels and metabolic pathway activities.
- Metabolites that can be used as markers for specific nutrient intake and diseases.
- New techniques and perspectives for nutrient metabolism studies.
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Metabolites and Signaling Pathways (Deadline: 31 October 2021)
- Metabolic Health and Weight II (Deadline: 15 November 2021)
- Fluoride Metabolism and the Effects of Fluoride on Metabolic Pathways and Diseases (Deadline: 15 December 2021)
- Gut Microbiota Metabolites in Health and Disease (Deadline: 15 December 2021)
- Nutrition, Metabolomics, and Genomics in Host–Microbe Interactions (Deadline: 31 December 2021)
- Host-Microbe-Metabolite Interaction in Intestinal Health (Deadline: 15 January 2022)
- Regulation and Effect of Taurine on Metabolism (Deadline: 15 January 2022)
- Nutrition During Pregnancy and Offspring Growth and Metabolism (Deadline: 15 January 2022)
- Effects of Diet on Protein and Energy Metabolism in Companion Animals (Deadline: 31 January 2022)
- Insights into How Gut Microbial Metabolites Regulate Innate Immune Responses (Deadline: 15 April 2022)
- The Role of Nutrient Sensors in Energy Metabolism (Deadline: 15 April 2022)
- Probiotic Bacteria: Metabolisms and Impact on Human Health (Deadline: 15 May 2022)
- Cardiometabolic Effect of the Mediterranean Diet (Deadline: 15 July 2022)