A section of Journal of Clinical Medicine (ISSN 2077-0383).
Clinical psychology is one of the main theoretical–applicative branches of psychology. It includes the scientific study and the applications of psychology with regard to understanding, prevention, and intervention in individual, family, and group psychological and relational problems, including the management of many forms of psychopathology.
Central aspects are psychodiagnostics and psychotherapeutic intervention, which represents a specialized development aimed above all at taking charge of situations where there is a structured psychopathology.
Among the thematic nuclei of operational interest and clinical research, some can be exemplified as the prevention (primary and secondary) of personal discomfort; early identification and diagnosis of psychopathological risks; the cognitive, affective-emotional, psychosocial, behavioral, personality, social, and cultural factors that are at the origin of the disturbances or maintain the condition of discomfort; emotions and their regulation in relation to health and disease, with specific regard to affective dysregulations; the methods of clinical management of different types of individual, couple, family, and group disorders; the various forms of individual, couple, family, and group psychological counseling; the improvement of the effectiveness of psychodiagnostic techniques; the methods of managing emotional, relational or decision-making situations that arise in various life stages and contexts; the promotion of individual psychosocial wellbeing and in social contexts; the design of effective forms of psychological and psychosocial rehabilitation; and the assessment of the effectiveness of aid interventions and health prevention and promotion programs in different social contexts.
Modern clinical psychology is based on the evidence of scientific research and clinical experience and takes an interdisciplinary approach, also making use of the cognitive contributions of other psychological disciplines (in particular, cognitive psychology, psychology and dynamics, psychology of personality and differential psychology, psychology, neuropsychology clinical, social and group psychology, psychometrics) and nonpsychological, such as epidemiology, physiology, evaluative research, health sociology, etc.
Our journal will gather experiences from clinical psychologists, psychiatrists, and pediatricians from different areas and countries to acquire new perspectives in the vision and therapy of disorders that clinical psychology and developmental psychopathology deal with.
We sincerely welcome your submission to Journal of Clinical Medicine. Our readers are waiting for your contribution to Clinical Psychology.
clinical psychology; psychodiagnostics and psychotherapeutic intervention; food disorders; attachment; anxiety; self-esteem; depression; personality; sleep; emotions; mental disorders
Topical Advisory Panel
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prognosis of Neuropsychiatric Disorders (Deadline: 18 December 2023)
- Neuropsychopharmacology: Advances, Challenges and Opportunities (Deadline: 20 December 2023)
- Global Burden and New Trends in Emotional, Behavioral and Relational Problems of Children, Adolescents and Young Adults (Deadline: 20 December 2023)
- Updates on Neurostimulation: From Mechanistic Principles to Clinical Applications (Deadline: 25 December 2023)
- Editorial Board Members’ Collection Series: Sleep and Neuropsychiatric Disorders (Deadline: 31 December 2023)
- Research Status of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (Deadline: 31 December 2023)
- Sleep and Circadian Rhythms in Psychiatric Disorders (Deadline: 31 December 2023)
- Current Challenges and Management of Substance Use Disorders and Other Mental Health Problems (Deadline: 15 January 2024)
- Addictive Disorders and Clinical Psychiatry—Part II (Deadline: 25 January 2024)
- Triggers of Suicidal Ideation: Multidisciplinary Approach (Deadline: 25 January 2024)
- Clinical Updates on Psychology in Children and Adolescents (Deadline: 20 February 2024)
- Advances in Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrome (Deadline: 25 February 2024)
- Long-Term Clinical Strategies for Psychiatric Rehabilitation (Deadline: 25 February 2024)
- Clinical Practice Guidelines for the Treatment and Management of Peripartum Depression (Deadline: 26 February 2024)
- The Alcohol Hangover: Clinical Advances in Causes, Consequences and Treatment (Deadline: 20 March 2024)
- The COVID-19 Pandemic and Mental Health: The Next Phase (Deadline: 20 March 2024)
- Advances in Affective Disorders (Deadline: 20 March 2024)
- Clinical Diagnosis and Treatment of Schizophrenia (Deadline: 20 March 2024)
- Clinical Research Progress on the Gilles de la Tourette Syndrome (Deadline: 20 March 2024)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD): Diagnosis, Treatment, and Management (Deadline: 22 March 2024)
- Advances in Autism Spectrum Disorder: Etiopathogenesis, Clinical Phenotypes, Diagnosis and Treatment (Deadline: 25 March 2024)
- The Impact of the COVID-19 Emergency on the Quality of Life of the General Population, Part II (Deadline: 25 March 2024)
- Clinical Advances in Psychology and Psychological Distress in Real and Virtual Contexts (Deadline: 31 March 2024)
- Clinical Diagnosis and Treatment of Psychiatric Disorders (Deadline: 20 April 2024)
- Maternal Peripartum Mental Health: Integrating Psychiatric Care into Obstetric Medicine (Deadline: 25 April 2024)
- Personalized Medicine in Children and Adolescent Psychology (Deadline: 30 April 2024)
- Diagnosis and Management of Bipolar Disorder (Deadline: 10 May 2024)
- New Insights into Sleep Medicine (Deadline: 12 May 2024)
- Patient-Oriented Treatments for Bipolar Disorder (Deadline: 31 May 2024)
- 2nd Edition: Diagnosis, Treatment and Rehabilitation in Health Services for Patients with Intellectual Disability and Mental Health Problems (Deadline: 31 July 2024)
Following topical collections within this section are currently open for submissions: