Travel Award 2019 (800 CHF)
We are inviting applications for a Travel Award for postdocs/Ph.D. students to attendaconferencerelatedtoclinicalmedicineresearchin 2019. Thenominations and applications will be assessed by an Evaluation Committee chaired by the Editor-in-Chief of JCM, Prof. Dr. Jane Grant-Kels.
- Applicants must be postdoctoral fellows (within five years of receiving D.) or Ph.D. students, and be actively involved in the research field of clinical medicine.
- Applicants will present their research (oral presentation or poster) at an international conference in
Required Application Documents:
- Personal CV, including a complete list of
- Outline of current and planned future
- The conference (name and homepage) that the applicant will attend and the abstract that will be
- Recommendation letter from the supervisor, research director, or department head which also confirms the applicant’s status as postdoctoral fellow or D. student.
Two winners will respectively receive 800 CHF (Swiss Francs) and an award certificate. The fees can be used for registration, travel, or accommodation. Welcome to submit your application and share this announcement with your colleagues.
Please applyonlineat https://www.mdpi.com/journal/jcm/awards/submit/421 before 15 December 2018. The winners will be announced by the end of 2018.
Travel Award 2018
Dr. Anja Kafka, a post-doctoral fellow and a research assistant at the Laboratory of Neuro-oncology at Croatian Institute for Brain Research, School of Medicine University of Zagreb, Croatia, carries out research to determine the involvement of molecular components of Wnt signaling in the process of brain tumorigenesis.
From the applications received, it is obvious that there was a large pool of highly qualified candidates that deserve this award. Given the fact that only one award was available, it was not a simple task to select the winner this year. In the election process, an experienced committee closely examined the applicants’ submitted documents, and ranked them based on strong research productivity and performance merit. From the outcome of this exercise, Dr. Anja Kafka was ranked by two out of three committee members as the winner of this year’s award. Please join me in congratulating Dr. Anja Kafka for a well-deserved prize (800 Swiss Francs).
Travel Award 2017
The Travel Award (700 Swiss Francs) is granted to Ms. Elly Marcq, PhD student at Center for Oncological Research, University of Antwerp, Belgium, whose research on mesotheliomas is groundbreaking.
From the applications received, it is obvious that there was a large pool of highly qualified candidates that deserve this award. Given the fact that only one award was available, it was not a simple task to select the winner this year. Please join me in congratulating Elly Marcq for a well-deserved prize.