Special Issue "Aging and Health Promotion"
A special issue of International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health (ISSN 1660-4601). This special issue belongs to the section "Health Behavior, Chronic Disease and Health Promotion".
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (31 March 2017).
Special Issues and Collections in MDPI journals
We are organizing a Special Issue about healthy aging in the International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. The venue is a peer-reviewed scientific journal that publishes articles and communications in the interdisciplinary area of environmental health sciences and public health. For detailed information on the journal, we refer you to https://www.mdpi.com/journal/ijerph.
We are interested in furthering a global understanding of the causes of, and interventions for, healthy aging. We solicit a wide range of conceptual or research-based articles with a focus on the interrelationships among aging, health, and environmental factors. Articles can focus on older populations, or take a life-course approach to examine predictors and interventions at different life stages. We are especially interested in understanding the role of social and environmental factors associated with promoting health among underserved and vulnerable populations.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Global variations in social and environmental conditions experienced by older adults
- Social, environmental, and technological predictors of lifestyle behaviors and health outcomes for healthy aging
- Multi-level evidence-based interventions for health promotion and aging
- The impact of environmental aspects (e.g., built, natural, social) on health-related behaviors and outcomes among older adults
- Strategies for enhancing programmatic and policy implementation and sustainability for healthy aging
- The cost effectiveness of social and environmental interventions for promoting healthy aging
- New conceptualizations of environmental influences on health-related outcomes across the life-course
- New methodologies for assessing environmental predictors and outcomes
- International comparisons of environmental design and their health impacts on aging populations
Prof. Dr. Marcia G. Ory
Prof. Dr. Matthew Lee Smith
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2300 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Healthy aging
- Health promotion
- Disease/disability prevention
- Environmental and social predictors
- The built environment
- Evidence-based interventions for older adults
- Conceptual and methodological advances
- Health disparities