Special Issue "Cardiogenetics: Feature Papers 2021"
A special issue of Cardiogenetics (ISSN 2035-8148).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 December 2021.
2. AORN Colli, Monaldi Hospital, 80131 Naples, Italy
Interests: inherited heart disease; rare cardiovascular disease; cardiomyopathies; ion channel disease; heart failure; congenital heart disease; athlete’s heart
Special Issues and Collections in MDPI journals
2. Center for Cardiac Arrhythmias of Genetic Origin and Laboratory of Cardiovascular Genetics, IRCCS Istituto Auxologico Italiano, 20135 Milan, Italy
3. Department of Medicine and Surgery, University of Milano-Bicocca, 20126 Milan, Italy
Interests: channelopathies; cardiomyopathies; sudden cardiac death; molecular cardiology
As Editor-in-Chief of the journal Cardiogenetics, we are glad to announce the Special Issue “Cardiogenetics: Feature Papers 2021” online. Cardiogenetics (ISSN 2035-8148) is an international, peer-reviewed, open access journal which provides an advanced forum for studies related to all aspects of cardiogenetics (clinical, molecular, cellular, pharmacological). In this Special Issue, “Feature Papers”, we aim to publish outstanding contributions in the main fields covered by the journal, which will make a great contribution to the community.
We welcome high-quality papers falling in the scope of the journal. Submitted papers will be evaluated by Editors firstly. Please note that all the papers will be subjected to a thorough and rigorous peer review.
Prof. Dr. Giuseppe Limongelli
Prof. Dr. Lia Crotti
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Cardiogenetics is an international peer-reviewed open access quarterly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- clinical and molecular aspects of inherited heart diseases (IHDs): genotype–phenotype findings
- follow-up data from IHD clinics
- clinical findings from large and informative families with IHDs
- studies on molecular imaging in IHDs
- clinical and molecular aspects of rare diseases: clinical imaging and molecular findings of rare diseases (RDs) with cardiovascular involvement
- pharmacogenetics and Pharmacogenomics: studies involving new drugs or well-known therapies in IHDs, RDs, and cardiovascular medicine
- genetic/genomic profile and response to therapies
- stem cell studies: clinical trials and experimental studies involving cell studies/cell therapy
- diagnostic methods including sequencing studies
- bioinformatics and statistical methods in genetics
- personalized medicine and therapies (gene therapy and gene editing)
- molecular biology and pathophysiology of genetic and genomic diseases: biology of cell, pathways and systems, epigenetics and gene regulation, biology and pathophysiology of specific genes and non-coding DNA
- polygenic/multifactorial disorders