Cardiogenetics (ISSN 2035-8148) is an international, peer-reviewed, open access journal which provides an advanced forum for studies related to all aspects of cardiogenetics (clinical, molecular, cellular, pharmacological). Cardiogenetics publishes reviews, regular research papers, and short communications.
As an essential resource to general physicians, cardiologists, and geneticists, Cardiogenetics’ primary purpose is to report original research in the following areas:
- Clinical and molecular aspects of inherited heart diseases (IHDs): genotype–phenotype findings; follow-up data from IHD clinics; clinical findings from large and informative families with IHDs; studies on molecular imaging in IHDs;
- Clinical and molecular aspects of rare diseases: clinical imaging and molecular findings of rare diseases (RDs) with cardiovascular involvement;
- Pharmacogenetics and Pharmacogenomics: studies involving new drugs or well-known therapies in IHDs, RDs, and cardiovascular medicine; genetic/genomic profile and response to therapies;
- Stem cell studies: clinical trials and experimental studies involving cell studies/cell therapy;
- Diagnostic methods including sequencing studies;
- Bioinformatics and statistical methods in genetics;
- Personalized medicine and therapies (gene therapy and gene editing);
- Molecular biology and pathophysiology of genetic and genomic diseases: biology of cell, pathways and systems, epigenetics and gene regulation, biology and pathophysiology of specific genes and non-coding DNA;
- Polygenic/multifactorial disorders.
A space will be given to negative studies in cardiogenetics: this space will be dedicated to clinical, molecular, cellular, pharmacological studies with a solid scientific background, but leading to negative results.
MDPI Publication Ethics Statement
Cardiogenetics is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). MDPI takes the responsibility to enforce a rigorous peer-review together with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure to add high quality scientific works to the field of scholarly publication. Unfortunately, cases of plagiarism, data falsification, inappropriate authorship credit, and the like, do arise. MDPI takes such publishing ethics issues very seriously and our editors are trained to proceed in such cases with a zero tolerance policy. To verify the originality of content submitted to our journals, we use iThenticate to check submissions against previous publications. MDPI works with Publons to provide reviewers with credit for their work.
Authors and publishers are encouraged to send review copies of their recent related books to the following address. Received books will be listed as Books Received within the journal's News & Announcements section.
Copyright / Open Access
Articles published in Cardiogenetics will be Open-Access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY). The copyright is retained by the author(s). MDPI will insert the following note at the end of the published text:
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free in the News & Announcements section of the journal. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is . For further MDPI contacts, see here.
Announcement and Advertisement
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free in the News & Announcements section of the journal. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is .
For further MDPI contacts, see here.