26–28 May 2020, Potsdam, Germany
4th International Symposium on Fatigue Design and Materials Defects 2020
Following the successful symposia of Trondheim in 2011, in Paris in 2014 and in Lecco in2017 we wish to announce the 4th International Symposium on Fatigue Design and Material Defects from May 26–28 2020 in Potsdam.
Material defects such as non-metallic inclusions, pores, micro-shrinkages etc. play a crucial role in fatigue crack initiation and propagation which in turn has significant consequences for structural integrity in terms of lifetime, fatigue strength and other characteristics of cyclically loaded components.
The main objectives of the symposium are to improve the understanding of the mechanisms and the impact of defects on structural integrity, and to work out measures to improve the fatigue properties of materials and components.
To that purpose presentations are welcome which address the following topics:
- Defects and manufacturing processes
- Defect detection and monitoring
- Statistical considerations
- Defects and fatigue strength
- Short fatigue crack propagation starting at defects
- Critical defect sizes
- Defects as root causes of structural failure
- Modelling fatigue life and strength taking into account defects
All materials are concerned, particularly:
- High strength steels
- Cast aluminium alloys
- Nodular cast iron
- Sinter materials
- Materials generated by Additive Manufacturing
The organizers look forward receiving many contributions to the 4th International Symposium on Fatigue Design and Materials Defects 2020. In particular young scientists are very welcome to actively contribute to the conference by submitting an abstract.