Special Issue "Distributed Algorithms in Cloud and Emerging Computing Platforms"
A special issue of Algorithms (ISSN 1999-4893).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (31 May 2019).
This Special Issue of Algorithms calls for submissions in the area of distributed algorithms in the cloud and other emergent computing platforms (e.g., edge, fog, IoT, ec.). The goal is to gather recent work on cloud computing and emergent computing platforms, which are relevant topics for many ongoing international funding calls (e.g., ICT-15-2019-2020 European commission call). We are, therefore, seeking proposals describing: the implementation of distributed algorithms tailored to cloud and other related emergent computing platforms, innovative solutions and services, new techniques/technologies addressing issues such as resource management, provisioning, scheduling, privacy or performance analysis, etc. Proposals addressing data analytics in GPU clouds or other platforms, and describing successful industrial applications enabled by these platforms are also welcome. High-quality manuscripts intended to a broader audience with regard to research projects are also of interest. We cordially invite you to submit the results of your latest research in these areas to this Special Issue, entitled "Distributed Algorithms in Cloud and Emerging Computing Platforms".
Dr. Juan J. Durillo
Dr. Sashko Ristov
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Algorithms is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Algorithms for energy efficiency
- Algorithms for computing and uncertainty
- Applications of fog, edge and IoT
- Adaptive and autonomous algorithms/applications
- Data management algorithms across heterogeneous clouds and other emergent platforms
- Distributed algorithms and applications for GPU clouds
- Distributed data analytics
- Distributed industrial applications in the cloud
- HPC in cloud
- Implementation of classical distributed algorithms in cloud systems
- Large-scale optimization algorithms in cloud
- Management and allocation of distributed resources in cloud, fog, edge and IoT
- Performance, availability, and scalability of distributed cloud applications
- Privacy, security and authentication issues in cloud
- Scheduling algorithms
- Serverless applications/algorithms