Algorithms (ISSN 1999-4893; CODEN: ALGOCH) is an open access journal of computer science, theory, methods and interdisciplinary applications, data and information systems, software engineering, artificial intelligence, automation and control systems. It publishes reviews, regular research papers and short communications. Our aim is to encourage scientists to publish their experimental and theoretical results in as much detail as possible. There is no restriction on the length of the papers. The full experimental details must be provided so that the results can be reproduced. There are, in addition, unique features of this journal:
- manuscripts regarding research proposals and research ideas will be particularly welcomed
- electronic files or software regarding the full details of the calculation and experimental procedure, if unable to be published in a normal way, can be deposited as supplementary material
- we also accept manuscripts communicating to a broader audience with regard to research projects financed with public funds
- copies of source codes might be deposited.
• Algorithm engineering
• Algorithmic graph theory;
• Algorithms for databases and database design
• Algorithms for language processing
• Algorithms in biology, chemistry, physics, etc., and subfields
• Algorithms on strings;
• Approximation algorithms
• Computational geometry
• Data compression
• Data structures
• Design and analysis of algorithms
• Document presentation systems
• Experimental algorithms: implementation and testing of algorithms
• Linear and non-linear programming
• New technologies, methodologies
• Online algorithms
• Parallel algorithms
• Parameterized (fixed-parameter) algorithms
• Parameterized algorithms
• Quantum algorithms
• Randomized algorithms
• Software tools
• Sorting and search algorithms
• Streaming algorithms
- design and analysis of algorithms
- approximation algorithms
- randomized algorithms
- online algorithms
- parameterized algorithms
- parallel algorithms
- streaming algorithms and quantum algorithms
- automated design, robotics
- document presentation systems
- database design, sorting, searching, data structures
- computational geometry, and linear programming
- software tools
- new technologies, methodologies
- implementation or testing of algorithms
- comparisons of actual performance of various algorithms
- data compression
- algorithms in biology, chemistry, physics, etc., and subfields
- Empirical algorithmics
- see also a list of algorithms
We will publish special issues on algorithms and application related to "Artificial Intelligence", "Information Systems", "Operations Research and Management Science", "Telecommunications", "Web and Internet", "Software Engineering", "Automation and Control Systems", "Optics", "Statistics and Probability", "Mechanics", Radiology, Nuclear Medicine and Medical Imaging", "Biochemical or Molecular Biology", "Instruments and Instrumentation", "Mechanical Engineering", etc.
MDPI Publication Ethics Statement
Algorithms is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). MDPI takes the responsibility to enforce a rigorous peer-review together with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure to add high quality scientific works to the field of scholarly publication. Unfortunately, cases of plagiarism, data falsification, inappropriate authorship credit, and the like, do arise. MDPI takes such publishing ethics issues very seriously and our editors are trained to proceed in such cases with a zero tolerance policy. To verify the originality of content submitted to our journals, we use CrossCheck (powered by iThenticate) to check submissions against previous publications.
Authors and publishers are encouraged to send review copies of their recent related books to the following address. Received books will be listed as Books Received within the journal's News & Announcements section.
Copyright / Open Access
Articles published in Algorithms will be Open-Access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License. MDPI will insert following note at the end of the published text:
Reprints may be ordered. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to order reprints. Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is email@example.com.
Announcement and Advertisement
Reprints may be ordered. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to order reprints.
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is email@example.com.