Algorithms (ISSN 1999-4893; CODEN: ALGOCH) is an open access journal of computer science, theory, methods and interdisciplinary applications, data and information systems, software engineering, artificial intelligence, automation and control systems. It publishes reviews, regular research papers and short communications. Our aim is to encourage scientists to publish their experimental and theoretical results in as much detail as possible. There is no restriction on the length of the papers. The full experimental details must be provided so that the results can be reproduced. There are, in addition, unique features of this journal:
- manuscripts regarding research proposals and research ideas will be particularly welcomed
- electronic files or software regarding the full details of the calculation and experimental procedure, if unable to be published in a normal way, can be deposited as supplementary material
- we also accept manuscripts communicating to a broader audience with regard to research projects financed with public funds
- copies of source codes might be deposited.
- Algorithm engineering
- Algorithmic game theory
- Algorithms for databases and database design
- Algorithms for language processing
- Algorithms in biology, chemistry, physics, etc.
- Algorithms in relation with automata theory and formal languages
- Algorithms on strings
- Analysis of algorithms
- Approximation algorithms
- Auction design and game theory
- Combinatorial optimization
- Communication & data networks
- Comparisons of actual performance of various algorithms
- Computational geometry
- Data compression
- Data structures
- Database algorithms
- Educational aspects: how to teach algorithms
- Graph algorithms
- Design and presentation of software tools
- Distributed and parallel algorithms
- Document presentation systems
- Experimental algorithms: implementation and testing of algorithms
- Fault-tolerant computing
- Grammar induction algorithms (Grammatical Inference)
- Graph algorithms
- Graph drawing and network visualization
- Image processing with applications, e.g., medical imaging
- Machine learning (statistical and structural), including kernel methods
- Markov chains and Monte Carlo methods
- Mathematical programming and Operations Research
- Neural information processing
- Online algorithms
- Parameterized (fixed-parameter) algorithms
- Production planning, resource allocation, scheduling and timetabling
- Programming language design, compilers
- Quantum algorithms
- Randomized algorithms
- Security and privacy
- Shared-memory and multi-core computing
- Sorting and search algorithms
- Streaming algorithms
- Threshold phenomena
- Transport optimization
- Wireless and sensor networks
MDPI Publication Ethics Statement
Algorithms is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). MDPI takes the responsibility to enforce a rigorous peer-review together with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure to add high quality scientific works to the field of scholarly publication. Unfortunately, cases of plagiarism, data falsification, inappropriate authorship credit, and the like, do arise. MDPI takes such publishing ethics issues very seriously and our editors are trained to proceed in such cases with a zero tolerance policy. To verify the originality of content submitted to our journals, we use CrossCheck (powered by iThenticate) to check submissions against previous publications.
Authors and publishers are encouraged to send review copies of their recent related books to the following address. Received books will be listed as Books Received within the journal's News & Announcements section.
Copyright / Open Access
Articles published in Algorithms will be Open-Access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License. MDPI will insert following note at the end of the published text:
Reprints may be ordered. Please contact email@example.com for more information on how to order reprints. Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org. For further MDPI contacts, see here.
Announcement and Advertisement
MDPI Wuhan Office, No.6 Jingan Road, 5.5 Creative Industry Park, 25th Floor, 430064 Wuhan, Hubei Province, China
Reprints may be ordered. Please contact email@example.com for more information on how to order reprints.
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further MDPI contacts, see here.