Algorithms (ISSN 1999-4893; CODEN: ALGOCH) is an open access journal of computer science, computational mathematics, artificial intelligence, automation and control systems, theory, methods and interdisciplinary applications, data and information systems, and software engineering. Algorithms provides an advanced forum for studies related to algorithms and their applications. It publishes reviews, regular research papers, and short communications as well as Special Issues on particular subjects.
The aim of Algorithms is to encourage scientists to publish their experimental and theoretical results as much in detail as possible. Therefore, the journal has no restrictions regarding the length of papers. Full experimental details should be provided so that the results can be reproduced. In addition, the journal has the following features:
- Manuscripts regarding new and innovative research proposals and ideas are particularly welcome;
- Electronic files or software regarding the full details of the calculation and experimental procedure as well as source codes can be submitted as supplementary material.
- Algorithm engineering
- Algorithmic game theory and mechanism design
- Algorithms for databases
- Algorithms for language processing
- Algorithms in biology, chemistry, physics
- Algorithms related to automata theory and formal languages
- Approximation algorithms
- Combinatorial optimization, mathematical programming, operations research, discrete mathematics and graph theory
- Communication and data networks
- Computational geometry
- Data structures
- Differential equations
- Distributed and parallel algorithms
- Eigenvalue problems
- Image processing with applications
- Interdisciplinary applications in other areas of mathematics and computer science
- Iterative methods and algorithms
- Machine learning
- Markov chains and simulation
- Metaheuristics and matheuristics
- Numerical analysis
- Parametrized algorithms
- Performance and testing of algorithms
- Production planning, scheduling, transport, and timetabling
- Quantum algorithms
- Randomized algorithms
- Sorting and search algorithm
- Theory of algorithms
MDPI Publication Ethics Statement
Algorithms is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). MDPI takes the responsibility to enforce a rigorous peer-review together with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure to add high quality scientific works to the field of scholarly publication. Unfortunately, cases of plagiarism, data falsification, inappropriate authorship credit, and the like, do arise. MDPI takes such publishing ethics issues very seriously and our editors are trained to proceed in such cases with a zero tolerance policy. To verify the originality of content submitted to our journals, we use iThenticate to check submissions against previous publications. MDPI works with Publons to provide reviewers with credit for their work.
Authors and publishers are encouraged to send review copies of their recent related books to the following address. Received books will be listed as Books Received within the journal's News & Announcements section.
Copyright / Open Access
Articles published in Algorithms will be Open-Access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY). The copyright is retained by the author(s). MDPI will insert the following note at the end of the published text:
Announcement and Advertisement
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. For further information, please contact the editorial office.
For further MDPI contacts, see here.