Special Issue "New Trends in Aviation Development 2021-2022"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 October 2022.
Interests: transport; aeronautics education; flight training; aviation engineering; decision-making processes; safety and security; impacts of aviation activities on the environment and health; interdisciplinary research on health and human performance, criminology in air transport
Special Issues and Collections in MDPI journals
Interests: transport; innovative tools to ensure the technical safety of aircraft components; industrial revolution and aerospace industry; use of computer-aided systems and reverse engineering for digitization and 3D visualization of aircraft design elements; simulations and experiments
Interests: aerospace propulsion theory and engineering; experimental measuring technology for rocket engines; electromagnetic launch; electric propulsion; application of superconducting technology in astronautics; plasma-based energy conversion technology
This Special Edition aims to present recent advances in aeronautics and aerospace technology, or an interdisciplinary agenda including a selected contribution from the New Trends in Aviation Development International Scientific Conference “NTinAD 2021” https://ntad.lf.tuke.sk/#about, but also papers from other researchers that fit into the topics of this Special Issue.
A goal is to provide an international forum for presentation of recent progress in air traffic management and operations, aircraft design, and aviation technologies, as well as issues of education, management, policy, planning, and the aviation market affecting the future direction of the aviation industry, challenges for the renewal of air transport, the development of tourism, and international cooperation in the post-COVID-19 period, within the framework of eco-innovative technologies for the protection of the environment and public health, with the support of IT technologies for decision-making processes.
The topics of this Special Issue include but are not limited to:
- Avionic systems;
- Aircraft design and construction;
- Alternative aircraft power systems, alternative fuels, and oils;
- Aerodynamics, vibroacoustic issues;
- Air traffic management and operations;
- Air transport management;
- Flight safety, airport security, safety management;
- Aircraft propulsion systems;
- Unmanned aerial systems;
- Airport operations, big data;
- Space systems; spacecraft on-orbit services, assembly, operating safety, constellations establishment and space traffic management, space debris problems, hazards, control, and removal; plasma simulation and technology; utilization and protection of space resources;
- Skydiving and testing;
- Interdisciplinary research on environmental aspects and public health;
- Smart mobility and transport; COVID-19 virus issues in transport, and society.
The keywords listed suggest just a few of the many possibilities.
Prof. Dr. Miroslav Kelemen
Prof. Dr. Peter Korba
Prof. Dr. Wenjiang Yang
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Aerospace is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1600 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- aeronautics and aerospace technologies, dual-use applications
- aircraft design, maintenance and services, certification
- photogrammetry and GIS
- aeronautical meteorology
- aerodynamics, vibroacoustic issues
- space systems, sensors, application of superconducting technology in astronautics
- numerical modeling, multicriteria decision processes, big data
- aeronautics education and training
- human factors and performance
- reliability, safety and security, risk assessment