Special Issue "Select papers from UCAmI 2011 - the 5th International Symposium on Ubiquitous Computing and Ambient Intelligence (UCAmI'11)"
A special issue of Sensors (ISSN 1424-8220).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (30 March 2012).
Interests: large scale heterogeneous distributed systems; sensor networks; common sense reasoning; networks-on-chip; electronic design automation
Interests: Ubiquitous Computing, Ambient Intelligence, AAL & m-Health
Special Issues and Collections in MDPI journals
The 5th International Symposium on Ubiquitous Computing and Ambient Intelligence (UCAmI'11) will be held on 6-9 December 2011, in Riviera Maya (Mexico).
Both academia and industry are invited to submit papers about any of the following topics of interest:
- Integrating lightweight and/or mobile devices in AmI environments (telephones, RFID, consumer electronics, sensors, smart devices, etc.)
- Mobile Ad Hoc Networks support for AmI environments for wireless sensor networks (WSNs), MANETs, VANETs, etc., (architectures, protocols, etc.)
- Sensing location and context awareness (context modelling, adaptation, sentient computing, etc.)
- Human-Centric Interfaces for AmI environments
- Middleware support for AmI and ubiquitous computing environments (WSNs, MANET, VANETs, RFID, etc.)
- Artificial intelligence approaches (agents, affective computing, ontologies, semantic reasoning, etc.)
- Applications for AmI environments (e-learning, e-health, Home Automation, e-payment, ticketing, etc.)
- Specific services for AmI (service discovery, security, data delivery, coordination, etc.)
- Communication and radio technologies (NFC, Bluetooth, etc.)
- Quality attributes in AmI applications (real-time, quality of service, fault-tolerance, etc.).
- Software technologies for AmI (frameworks, components, aspect-orientation, service-orientation, software product line, etc.)
Dr. José Bravo
Dr. Francisco Moya