Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
Special Issue "Innovative Mechanical Processing Technology of Metals"
A special issue of Metals (ISSN 2075-4701). This special issue belongs to the section "Metal Casting, Forming and Heat Treatment".
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 March 2023 | Viewed by 8037
Special Issue Editors
Interests: metal forming; die design and process analysis; precision manufacturing and measurement; image processing and machine vision
Interests: production engineering/processing; materials/mechanics of materials; metal forming processes; forging; damage and fracture; acoustic emission
Special Issue Information
The mechanical processing of metal materials is an essential manufacturing process that affects the performance of materials. The technology for processing metal materials is undergoing a profound transformation driven by digitalization. The development and introduction of innovative technologies can optimize processing methods to produce products with enhanced performance and higher quality so as to meet the requirements of the industry. This Special Issue aims to present the latest research on the innovative processing of metal materials. The Special Issue includes—but is not limited to—the following topics:
- Innovative metal processing technologies;
- Innovative metal forming, including forging, rolling, extrusion, sheet-metal forming, etc.;
- Innovative metal cutting, including turning, milling, broaching, grinding, etc.;
- Innovative metallic product design, process analysis, and experiments;
- Novel design methods and the optimization of processing technology;
- Industry 4.0, IoT, and 5G-related applications on metals.
Prof. Dr. Quang-Cherng Hsu
Prof. Dr. Kunio Hayakawa
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Metals is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Innovative Metal Forming (Forging, Extrusion, Sheet-Metal Forming, etc.)
- Innovative Metal Cutting (Turning, Milling, Broaching, Grinding, etc.)
- Innovative Metal Processing Technologies
- Innovative Metallic Product Design, Process Analysis and Experiments
- Industry 4.0, IOT, 5G related Applications on Metals