Special Issue "Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms and Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (31 March 2020).
2. Department of Urology, Istanbul Medipol University, Istanbul, Turkey
Interests: clinical research in endourology (urinary stones), urological oncology and imaging and improved diagnostics in endoscopy (bladder cancer and UTUC)
Interests: endourology; stone disease; minimally invasive therapies for BPH
During the last few years, we have witnessed a significant progress in the field of male Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms (LUTS) from diagnosis to management. The goal of this Special Issue is to update the knowledge of the practicing clinician and provide a comprehensive collection of original articles, reviews, and editorials.
To this end, we would like to invite state-of-the-art reviews, including reviews of new technology and therapeutics, as well as original research in this field for inclusion in this issue. Examples include:
- New insights in the assessment of LUTS;
- Possible role of inflammation and metabolic syndrome in the development and management of LUTS;
- Occurrence and management of adverse events of medical therapies;
- Patients’ adherence to medical treatment;
- Reviews of surgical modalities and emerging technologies for benign prostatic obstruction (i.e., lasers, mechanical devices, new minimally invasive therapies);
- The investigation of the rapidly developing of mobile health and its potential use in urology to provide better care for LUTS.
This Special Issue aims to present the most recent advances in male LUTS, as well as their implications for future patient care. We look forward to your submissions!
Prof. Dr. Jean de la Rosette
Prof. Dr. Stavros Gravas
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Journal of Clinical Medicine is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2200 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Urinary tract symptoms (UTS)
- Lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS)
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)