Fruit Production Systems
A section of Horticulturae (ISSN 2311-7524).
The Fruit Production Systems Section publishes original manuscripts of diverse types related to production of bush, vine and tree fruit. Specific topics for this Section may include cultural practices, rootstocks, fruit thinning, trellis and high density systems, weed and pest management, soil tillage and ground covers, organic approaches, harvest and postharvest handling, and ripening manipulation, as well as others not noted.
We welcome high quality submissions related to fruit production systems, which may include basic and applied studies. Full experimental and methodological details must be provided for research articles.
Accordingly, the Fruit Production Systems Section is interested in: Research articles; Review articles; Mini-review articles; Perspective articles; Opinion articles; Methodology articles; Commentaries.
In particular, Fruit Production Systems welcomes contributions by early career researchers. In addition, we invite senior scientists to initiate and serve as Guest Editors of new Special Issues on a single and particular theme.
- tree physiology
- fruit development
- soil tillage
- ground covers
- pest and weed management
- cultural practices
- fruit thinning
- trellis systems
- high density systems
- organic farming
- fruit quality
Topical Advisory Panel
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Physiology and Management of Fruit Quality in Citrus and Kiwifruits (Deadline: 15 December 2021)
- Breeding, Cultivation and Postharvest Managements of Kiwifruit (Deadline: 20 December 2021)
- Citrus Rhizosphere Microbiome (Deadline: 30 December 2021)
- Recent Advances in Horticultural Practices for Strawberries and Other Small Fruit Crops (Deadline: 31 December 2021)
- An Update of the Crop Management Practices Enhancing Yield and Quality in Citrus (Deadline: 15 March 2022)
- New Challenges in Productivity of Strawberry (Deadline: 30 March 2022)
- Improving Quality of Fruit (Deadline: 30 March 2022)
- Advances in Tropical Fruit Cultivation and Breeding (Deadline: 31 March 2022)
- Effect of Cultivation and Storage Techniques on Fruit Quality and Nutritional Value (Deadline: 30 April 2022)
- Related Studies on Horticultural Tree Leaves (Deadline: 30 April 2022)
- Berry Crops Production: Cultivation, Breeding and Health Benefits (Deadline: 30 April 2022)
- Irrigation and Water Management in Horticulture (Deadline: 20 May 2022)
- Precision Management of Fruit Trees (Deadline: 20 May 2022)
- Enhancing Fruit Crops Resilience and Productivity to Climate Change (Deadline: 10 June 2022)