Horticulturae (ISSN 2311-7524) is an international, multidisciplinary, peer-reviewed, open access journal focusing on all areas and aspects of temperate to tropical horticulture. It publishes original empirical and theoretical research articles, short communications, reviews, and opinion articles. We intend to encourage scientists to publish and communicate their results concerning all branches of horticulture in a timely manner and in an open venue, after being evaluated by the journal editors and randomly selected independent expert reviewers, so that all articles will never be judged in relation to how much they confirm or criticize the opinions of other researchers.
Major horticultural topic areas covering fruit, vegetable, ornamental, nursery and landscape, herbal, and spice crops including, but not limited to:
- Organic production
- Genetics, genomics, breeding, and biotechnology
- Physiology, biochemistry, and molecular biology
- Plant interactions with pests and pathogens
- Effects of abiotic stresses
- Adaptation of horticultural species to climate change
- Pre- and post-harvest quality
- Nutritional and phytochemical composition
- Product processing, storage, and transport
- Propagation and seed production
- Urban horticulture
- Smallholder production systems
- Precision horticulture and technological innovation
- Modeling plant growth and productivity
- Greenhouses and plant factories with artificial light
- Reducing energy input in the production chain
- Photovoltaic applications on horticultural crops
- Horticultural biodiversity
- Waste management
- Economics and marketing
- Perception of horticulture, outreach, and education
MDPI Publication Ethics Statement
MDPI is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). MDPI takes the responsibility to enforce a rigorous peer-review together with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure to add high quality scientific works to the field of scholarly publication. Unfortunately, cases of plagiarism, data falsification, inappropriate authorship credit, and the like, do arise. MDPI takes such publishing ethics issues very seriously and our editors are trained to proceed in such cases with a zero tolerance policy. To verify the originality of content submitted to our journals, we use iThenticate to check submissions against previous publications.
Authors and publishers are encouraged to send review copies of their recent related books to the following address. Received books will be listed as Books Received within the journal's News & Announcements section.
St. Alban-Anlage 66
Copyright / Open Access
Articles published in Horticulturae will be Open-Access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY). The copyright is retained by the author(s). MDPI will insert the following note at the end of the published text:
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free in the News & Announcements section of the journal. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is . For further MDPI contacts, see here.
Announcement and Advertisement
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free in the News & Announcements section of the journal. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is .Contact us
For further MDPI contacts, see here.