Special Issue "Wireless Communication Systems for Localization"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 August 2019.
Prof. Dr. Suk-Seung Hwang
Department of Electronic Engineering, Chosun University, 309 Pilmun-daero, Dong-gu, Gwangju, 501-759, Korea
Fax: +82 62 233 6896
Interests: adaptive signal processing; wireless communications; location detection technology; interference cancellation; channel estimation; GPS; RFID
Location detection technology (LDT), which has a variety of applications, including the energy consumption monitoring system, is one of core techniques in modern wireless communication systems. As wireless communication techniques are developed, we can find more and more applications related to LDT in industrial fields. Many researchers involved in this area are pushing to efficiently develop accurate mobile devices with high performance, low-costs, and reusability of components.
The goal of this Special Issue is to contribute to the development of various theories, applications, mathematical models, simulations, etc., related to localization techniques based on wireless communication systems.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Advanced Location Detection Technologies Related to Time of Arrival (ToA), Time Difference of Arrival (TDoA), Angle of Arrival (AoA), Cell ID, Fingerprinting Technique, Trilateration, etc.
- Localization in Networks (IoT, Next Generation, Vehicle, ITS, etc.)
- Indoor Localization and RFID Based Positioning Technique
- Localization for Energy Saving and Energy Management
- Signal Processing and Communication Theory for Localization
- Statistical and Adaptive Signal Processing for Localization
- Location-Based-Service Applications Including Emergency Service
- Localization Technique for Disaster
- Satellite Based Positioning Technique (Global Positioning System, Galileo, COMPASS, GLONASS, etc.)
- Maritime and Underwater Localization
- AOA Estimation and Ranging Techniques
Prof. Dr. Suk-Seung Hwang
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Energies is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1800 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- location detection technology
- wireless communications
- satellite based positioning
- indoor positioning
- energy saving
- energy management
- signal processing
- adaptive signal processing
- angle of arrival estimation
- ranging technique
- underwater localization