Special Issue "Powering Net Zero Emissions—Selected Papers from 56th International Universities Power Engineering Conference (UPEC 2021)"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 December 2021.
Interests: system identification and intelligent control; power converter design and control; battery characterization
Special Issues and Collections in MDPI journals
Special Issue in Energies: Reliability of WBG-Based Power Electronic Circuits in Electric Vehicles
Special Issue in Electronics: Powering Net Zero Emissions
Interests: condition monitoring; acoustics metamaterials and metasurfaces; aeroengine acoustics and vibration; signal processing and instrumentation
Interests: electric vehicles; smart charging; wireless charging; network modelling; battery degradation
The 56th International Universities Power Engineering Conference (UPEC 2021) will be hosted virtually from 31st August to 3rd September 2021 by Teesside University, UK. UPEC 2021 continues the long tradition of the UPEC conferences. These conferences are particularly aimed at hosting scientific contributions presented by young researchers and Ph.D. students who meet each other, as well as with experienced researchers and professors, to discuss their research lines. The conference UPEC 2021 has the motto “Powering Net Zero Emissions”, and will deal in particular with research topics in power engineering concerning the role of electricity for achieving sustaianble energy transition and net zero emissions.
A set of papers will be selected for submission of a substantially improved version to this Special Issue “Powering Net Zero Emissions - Selected Papers from the 56th International Universities Power Engineering Conference (UPEC 2021)”. The topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Active distribution networks and virtual power plants;
- Advanced metering infrastructures;
- Condition monitoring and diagnostics;
- Continuity of supply, reliability and resilience;
- Data analytics and artificial intelligence applied to power systems;
- Demand-side management, flexibility and demand response;
- Distributed generation;
- Electric vehicles and e-mobility;
- Electrical machines and drives;
- Electromagnetics and electrostatics;
- Energy efficiency in buildings;
- Energy storage;
- Environmental impacts and targets;
- High voltage engineering;
- HVDC, FACTS and power electronics;
- ICT for future electricity grids
- Load and generation forecasting;
- Magnetic materials for energy
- Multi-energy systems and networks;
- Power engineering education;
- Power quality;
- Power system economics and electricity markets;
- Power system modeling and analysis;
- Power system operations and control;
- Power system optimization and planning;
- Power system protection;
- Renewable energy systems;
- Smart grids;
- Substation and distribution system automation;
- Sustainable e-transition;
- Transient analysis and EMTP modeling.
Dr. Gobind Pillai
Dr. Maher Al-Greer
Dr. Imran Bashir
Dr. Gill Lacey
Dr. Musbahu Muhammad
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Energies is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- electrical power engineering
- power systems
- smart grids
- renewable energy
- distributed generation and storage