Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
Special Issue "Modelling and Analysis of Distributed Energy Storage"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 30 June 2020.
Tel. +44 (0)7989 443 398
Interests: integration of renewable energy; optimization in energy system planning and operation; smart grid; economics and regulations in power systems
Distributed energy storage technologies have recently attracted significant research interest. There are strong and compelling business cases where distributed storage technologies can be used to optimize the whole electricity system sectors (generation, transmission, and distribution) in order to support not only the cost-efficient integration of low-carbon generation, but also network congestion and voltage management, both at the system and local levels. This Special Issue aims to publish novel research on the development of distributed energy storage technologies, their modeling, and applications in power system planning and operation, as well as the results of trials and validation experiences that can contribute to deepening understanding about their applications, designs, and innovations. Modeling and studies on Electric Vehicles’ battery systems, Vehicle-to-Grid concepts, and hybrid systems with distributed storage are welcome.
The range of relevant topics includes:
- Distributed energy storage technologies which can interact with the electrical system;
- Techniques for optimizing storage designs, locations, and operations;
- Smart control algorithms for distributed energy storage operation;
- Multi-applications of distributed energy storage in power system planning and operation, including power quality and reliability, provision of reactive and voltage control, reserves, and other ancillary services;
- Whole-system energy system modeling and quantification of the system benefits and value of distributed energy storage;
- Integration of Transmission and Distribution System Operation with distributed storage and energy resources;
- Integration of distributed energy storage in a microgrid system;
- Electricity market frameworks (both energy and ancillary services) and business models for distributed energy storage applications in systems with high penetration of renewable generation;
- Demonstration and trial experiences of distributed energy storage.
Dr. Danny Pudjianto
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Energies is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1800 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- distributed energy storage
- electric vehicles
- integration of renewable energy
- storage applications in power systems
- smart grids
- electricity markets